title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

display right length of vbr files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered234

display right length of vbr files

Hi, is it possible that the 'popup info tips' show the correct length and bitrate of vbr mp3-files?
    Nearly all of my mp3's are vbr and I always wondered why applications like mp3trim, winamp, foobar, encspot... show everything as it is supposed to be and only dmc does not.

Thank you
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: display right length of vbr files

Which dMC version are you using?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

I am still using 10 because 10a has no relevant changes for me.
      I have uploaded an example of
      the wrong dbpower display: http://mykoch.de.ms/dbpower.png
      and the correct foobar: http://mykoch.de.ms/foo.png

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you could send me the mp3 file please - home page, then click on the Email link.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered234

I don't think it's necessary. It happens to 100% of all vbr-mp3's. The ones I got from others and the ones I have just encoded.
          So they are not broken, if you want to allude to that

Comment

• Fifer
            • Nov 2003

I just read your posts about incorrect length for vbr files. I had the same problem, and found that it happened only with files that had ID3v2 tags - as your sample track did. In fact, I carried out a small experiment in which I ripped a track (VBR) and attached only an ID3v1 tag. dAP showed the correct playing length of the song and the popup was also correct. I then added an ID3v2 tag (using Mp3tag) to the file and dAP now showed the wrong length, as did the popup. When the ID3v2 tag was removed, everything was fine again.
            I now use APEv2 tags along with ID3v1 and have no problems. For some reason, dAP has a problem with ID3v2 tags, so I avoid them. I like dBpowerAMP and it is no hardship to remove any ID3v2 tags that I come across. Try removing the ID3v2 tags to see if that solves your problem.
            I use dMC 10.1 with up to date codecs.

Comment

Working...

]]>