title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbpoweramp midi codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Creeper
    • Jan 2004

dbpoweramp midi codec

[COLOR=DarkRed] There should be a midi codec due to the fact that this is a very efficient adio format. This sound format is becoming increasingly more common, hence a codec should be made for it.
    is there one currently scheduled to be made??[/COLOR]
  • Unregistered

Re: dbpoweramp midi codec

Exactly what i was about to wish for

Comment

• Unregistered

I'm currently searching for one as well. There really should be one.

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

not currently. here is what you can do in the mean time: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2213

Comment

• Unregistered

when i play midi files i cant adjust the volume for some reason, i hva to use winamp to do it

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
            when i play midi files i cant adjust the volume for some reason, i hva to use winamp to do it
            When you play them in what player can't you adjust the volume?

If it's in dAP, indeed the volume control does not affect midi files playback. Neither does the equalizer have any effect on it.

You can use your volume control in the task bar.
            Last edited by ChristinaS; October 05, 2004, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• itsbth
              • Oct 2005

The way that midi-files work make it hard to make a codec. You can compare normal sound-files with a cassette, and midi-files with a orchestra.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

It's because midi files themselevs are not audio files. They are a collection of instructions that select sounds from the midi sound bank, with duration and other parameters specified, which get reproduced through the soundcard. If you don't have a midi soundbank, you get nothing. If your soundbank is poor quality, you get poor audio when playing the midi file.

The best youc an hope for is to record the audio produced through the soundcard, thus its limited by your own soundcard's capabilities. You have to use a program like dMC Auxiliary Input for that.

Comment

• gameplaya15143
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Sep 2005

its not that a midi decoder cant be made for dbpoweramp, it just hasnt been made

i wouldnt mind having one myself :D

perhaps the winamp input plugin or the directshow input plugin would do the trick for the time being

edit (10-28-05): no go on directshow, can't be done with the winamp plugin either (but i am under the impression that on old version of the winamp in_midi may work)
                  Last edited by gameplaya15143; October 29, 2005, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2004

It wouldn't be a traditional codec. It would be at best an automated implementation of dMC Auxiliary Input or other similar programs, perhaps with the audio turned off.

Music omposition programs like Anvil Studio and any other higher end ones have a function of creating and exporting an audio mix-down from a midi file. They tap into the midi soundbank available to the program and do it. But it will always be dependent on the midi soundbank available.

I have several of thse and they are quite specific. They also operate in real time. For instance Ease Midi Converter from http://www.audiotool.net/midiconverter/index.htm . This is a nice one, and easy to use. I have the trial version, but eventually you have to buy it.

I would hope that Spoon can turn dMC Auxiliary Input into something like that. It takes the pain and the ouch out of setting it up Doesn't produce better results, it's just easier to use.

Comment

Working...

]]>