title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Playing CD's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JahSun
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2003

Playing CD's

For playing my music collection, nothing beats my DAP... yet, I find that it isn't a very good CD player. It doesn't read the cd text from compilation discs, so it simply scrolls track 01 across the display. It doesn't play completely gaplessly, so mix cd's and live cd's (the kind I listen to the most) sound crappy. I know there is a gapless feature, but I never got it to sound just as good as a standard CD walkman.

I actually miss my old CD rom drive where it had a play button on the front, and I didn't have to mess with any software to play a cd (the volume wheel actually worked). There are a few things that seemed to be quicker and easier 10 years ago, come to think of it. Does anyone remember when Windows had a copy and paste clipboard where you could cut or copy half a dozen different things? That shit was cool...

Oh well, I digress.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Playing CD's

"It doesn't read the cd text from compilation discs, so it simply scrolls track 01 across the display."

Install the Music Converter R10 then on the Audio CD Configuration there is an option to read CD Text
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JahSun
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2003

Re: Playing CD's

The CD Text feature in r10 was cool. It seems to work well enough.

However, we still have the problem that CD's are not playing seemlessly the way they do on any standalone CD player. I mentioned this under support, with the additional gripe that music files playing off of CD roms skip during playback (not just stutter between songs).

It can't be that complicated... even my old computers from 15 years ago were able to play CD's like a normal CD player. Let me know if there are any settings or tweaking I need to do, or why this is happening. IMHO it's better not to play CD's at all than to do it mediocre. It brings down the image of what is a stellar Conversion tool/ Exotic Codec Player.

Comment

Working...

]]>