title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m4p to mp3

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: m4p to mp3

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Some of you are missing the point. Many of us have burners that, for one reason or another, iTunes refuses to recognize. Thus ALL BURNING OPTIONS ARE OUT and we need a way to convert our files via software.

Thanks to those of you actually contributing to this discussion.
    So get a new burner, they're $35. If iTunes can't recognize your burner, then you're SOL on creating cd's with it.

To support what was just said ... why go though all the trouble to find software that will only work until the next iTunes update? That bypassing method seems to work just fine, as it always will be able to get past any new encryption as long as iTunes has a cd burning feature.

Comment

• hoaphuong

Originally posted by mlecho
      i would love to see the codec or whatever possible to convert m4ps to mp3s....then i could listen to anything i purchase at apple music store on my Archos....any ideas!?!?!
      e

Comment

• Unregistered

Big Ben does have it right.

This process works beautifully.. no quality loss either.

Thanks BB!!

Comment

• Samba0909

hi,

a legal way to do a convertion from m4p to mp3 is the tool tunebite from www.tunebite.com. I've bought it and I love it. Just listen to your musik an copy in background...works also with wma to mp3....

Samba

Comment

• Unregistered

i would love to see the codec or whatever possible to convert m4ps to mp3s....then i could listen to anything i purchase at apple music store on my Archos....any ideas!?!?!
            e
            It´s really easy! Burn with itunes on cd as wav.file. then use cd-ex programm to convert as wav on your hard drive. then convert to mp3. takes 2 minutes with no loss of quality!!!!

Comment

• Unregistered

Go here...

awesome!!!!!! WORKED PERFECTLY!!!!! MP3 InSTANTLY!

good luck

Comment

• Unregistered

Why are you making m4p to mp3 conversion so difficult for yourselves? You don't need codecs, you don't need some fancy command line executable to run.....just use iTunes, that's all you need....here's how:

In iTunes, burn your m4p to a CD in 'audio cd' format

Then just import the song back into iTunes as an MP3

I use a CD-RW so I don't have to waste a CD every time I want to do this and it's always worked just fine for me.

Comment

• Unregistered

Works PERFECTLY!! No need to waste time burning cd's. Just download everything you need from the gates-of-hell website and follow the VERY EASY instructions.

Comment

• Unregistered

You idiot with the reply to Big Ben! Didn't you read the first line?!! That is NOT the point. We are not only attempting to convert 1 or 2 songs.

We are trying to convert large numbers100 or more songs AND keep the ID tags in tack!

Dumb shit! You see ladies and gents this is what happens when you drop out of school - you can't read simple instructions.

Comment

• Unregistered

e

Comment

• Unregistered

My friend sent me m4p's. how do i change them to mp3 .ihave real player v10

Comment

• ChristinaS
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Apr 2004

My friend sent me m4p's. how do i change them to mp3 .ihave real player v10
                          How to convert iTunes m4p to any other format Read this thread for latest information: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=54918#post54918 ----------- This post is a synthesis of many made by Bill (Xoas (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/member.php?u=12) ) after painstakingly reading and answering many forum

Comment

• Leoedin
                            • Dec 2004

that works
                            You'll need the Hymn executable, and thats it
                            IT dosen't support batch encoding, but it's a simple gui way of converting itunes format songs to mp4.
                            Leo

Edit, theres also http://stilleye.com/hymn.net/ as another hymn gui for windows
                            Last edited by Leoedin; 12-29-2004, 04:11 PM.

Comment

• jetsetter883
                              • Jan 2005

Try This

i have found something that works for me. it should work for you guys as well. after you convert m4p to m4a using Hymn, you could simply go into your Purchased Music folder while in itunes and right click each song and choose 'convert to mp3'. previously if you tried this, it would usually tell you that the file is protected and cannot be converted to mp3, but it IS possible to do after you first convert the files to m4a with Hymn. i should mention that right after you convert the files using Hymn... which would be Step 1 here... they should relist themselves as m4a's (in your itunes folder) as opposed to m4p's. you could always double check the file format before right clicking and converting to mp3 just so you know which ones are which, and so you don't waste your time reading error messages about protected files. try looking in your itunes folder via windows explorer to double check which files have the correct m4a format. once you know that the files are in m4a format, go ahead and convert to mp3 using itunes! hope this helps. good luck!
                              Last edited by jetsetter883; 01-15-2005, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• LtData
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • May 2004

Re: Try This

Originally posted by jetsetter883
                                i have found something that works for me. it should work for you guys as well. after you convert m4p to m4a using Hymn, you could simply go into your Purchased Music folder while in itunes and right click each song and choose 'convert to mp3'. previously if you tried this, it would usually tell you that the file is protected and cannot be converted to mp3, but it IS possible to do after you first convert the files to m4a with Hymn.
                                One thing, though. If Hymn converts the files to m4a, you can then use dMC to convert the m4a files to whatever you want. However, the newest DRM on m4p files cannot be stripped out with Hymn for now.

Comment

Working...

]]>