title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What's the sense of "gapless output" if I can't put it to 0 mSec? (nT)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grumbler

What's the sense of "gapless output" if I can't put it to 0 mSec? (nT)

nT
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: What's the sense of "gapless output" if I can't put it to 0 mSec? (nT)

Every sound card has a slight delay from the time you ask it to play a sound to the time it appears on your speakers.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Grumbler

Originally posted by Spoon
      Every sound card has a slight delay from the time you ask it to play a sound to the time it appears on your speakers.
      Oh, we musicians are all too familiar with soundcard latency, aren't we. But we're talking about playback only here. So your program should know when to 'ask' for playing a new song. Can't things be treated like one continuous audio stream to the soundcard? There are no hazzles like this with the gapless output plug-ins for WinAMP, it simply works there without any problems.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The default value would have been probbably right, or close (BTW if you put a storage scope on the output, I bet Winamp is just guessing it, after all it cannot tap into the lowlevel drivers present on Windows, just not possible).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>