title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Prevent 2 CDs from being written to one directory

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THambrecht
    • Dec 2018

Prevent 2 CDs from being written to one directory

We are missing an optional function that prohibits the CD ripper from writing to an already existing directory. To prevent disc 1 and 2 from accidentally being written to the same directory.
    This could mean that if a file with track number 01 already exists, NO new file with track number 01 may be written. An error message should appear immediately if a CD is to be written to an already existing directory.
    Of course only if the user wants this warning.​
    If you rip 5,000 CDs a month for customers, you need something like this. Thanks.​
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

That shouldn’t happen if you have the disc field set for multi disc sets. And have your naming string set up to deal with multi discs. I use this

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] -
    [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc
    [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]

Comment

• schmidj
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2013

I've run into an issue where this can happen, "best of" CDs where the title is often just "(The) Best Of (artist)" Album title and artist are the same, no multi disc, and quite often there are more than one "best of" CDs for popular artists. My (and other's) solution has been to add the record label name in parenthesis after the album title when ever I rip a "best of" CD.

I still got burnt once, by Verve as I recall, who issued two totally different "Best Of" CDs for the same artist, no "Volume 2" or anything that I saw that would tell you that there was another with the same title.

There are some other cases where this could happen, and implementing the OP's request would be a nice addition, in the same way that there is a warning about overwriting files.

Comment

Working...

]]>