title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Handling of multiparts songs...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RossRoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2003

Handling of multiparts songs...

I just thought of something. Usually, when I know I'm going to be listening to mostly classical music, instead of using the random function, I create a playlist, then randomize, but then I have to manually put together each movement of a same symphony for example.

I was wondering, would it be possible for the Random Play function in MMC that when it ends up choosing, say Symphony No.9 Mvt.3, well instead of playing Mvt.3 it would automatically switch to Mvt.1 and sequentially play all three movement before moving on to something else?

I know that no other software offer this and it's really far fetched, but I personally think it would be really great, but hey, that's only me seeing as I listen to a lot of classic, and even when I put it on random, I like to have all movement of a same symphony play in order one after the other.
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Re: Handling of multiparts songs...

you can make playlist out of these movements in the correct order, and then add them as playlists(as one item, not entries) to the mmc, and when mmc choses this it will play it thru... If you want to listen to these just as playlists, then you should also remove the original items from the mmc....

Comment

• RossRoy
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2003

I didn't know you could add playlists as single items in MMC.. hmmm that's good news!

Comment

• RossRoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2003

I just thought of something.. Does anyone know of an easy software to create playlist? Something along the lines of selecting the files in explorer then right-clicking and choosing "Save As Playlist"??

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Yes dBpowerAMP - right click in explorer 'Add to Playlist'
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RossRoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2003

That I know.. But I have to then save it to a playlist, it doesn't generate the playlist file right away does it? I'm just looking for a way to avoid get around 1 step

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

well this is an interesting problem indeed!!

i would never have thought of the difficulties in sorting movements to sequentially play in the correct order when randomly selected.

hmmmmm..... but i do believe there is a solution to every problem, and some serious latteral thinking is needed! :D i actually felt a brain cell or two move :D . i'm going to look into this more to see how and if and what might be possible. nothing like a challenge to say the least.

Comment

• RossRoy
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2003

The code needed to actually make sure that each movement of a symphony play sequentially must be quite daunting. You can't just compare the track names, they will obviously differ.. I'm guessing you'd have to put a constraint on the track naming system when you would require the left part of the name to be identical (say Symphony No.9 Mvt.) and then compare the numerical value right after the Mvt. part, and ignore the rest, which usually states stuff like Allegro or Moderato.. Hmm, it's feasable alright, but a bit restrictive in the naming system.

Comment

• Razgo
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

i know this isn't much help for existing files but for future reference there is a better solution. and that is to use the rip as one feature to include those movements. we would just need a multiple track name feature to be included in the rip as one feature :D

I also see the "add tag element" DSP option but i don't think it allows for multiple elements of the same element. as in multiple "track names".

if that could work, then at least all the movements will be in order and the multiple track tag's could be see in "edit tag". or at least read the first tag element "track".

know what i mean?
                  Last edited by Spoons; October 10, 2003, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• donny
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Oct 2002

The simplest way and the easyest for now is creating playlists - inteligent recognition of tracks would again relly on track being named as they should be - which is not the case on many computers.
                    And for editiong playlists - I sometimes use winamp sometimes it is good... maybe try to enque all the tracks you need and then (using the Quemaster) export them to a playlist.... maybe it'll work as it should...

Comment

Working...

]]>