title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dbPoweramp on Linux

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • krafty
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2021

Feel like contributing here.

Take for example, IntelliJ IDEA, the "superb" IDE for Java developers. Once you use it, forget the rest, you never go back to Eclipse or NetBeans.
    I see dBpoweramp as the same type of must-have software to the ripping CD software.
    IntelliJ IDEA does have a Linux version.
    And WINE is really crap to my taste.
    I won't upgrade to Windows 11 not even if it's the year 2030.
    I would prefer to move to Linux than dealing with Microsoft.

Comment

• dav1
      • Aug 2024

Agree. I will never use Windows again as a daily driver. Microsoft does not seem to care much about Windows anymore. Just look at Windows 11, data harvester/ad delivery platform first, OS second. MacOS is nice in some ways, but I prefer Linux. StatCounter recently reported that desktop Linux has reached the highest point ever, at almost 5% market share. I read about 5 possible reasons. 1. Windows decline. 2. Linux gaming is growing. 3. People are learning that desktop Linux can be easy to use if you choose the right distro. 4. Linux "App Stores", e.g., Flatpak, Snap, AppImage. 5. Linux desktop usage is growing in a populous country, India.
      Last edited by dav1; August 30, 2024, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>