title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Linux Power Amp

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weltall
    • Aug 2003

Linux Power Amp

You guys should make a version of the music converter for linux, not through wine, a seperate linux version. please i have lots of mp3s and i need to change them too .ogg (i use RH9 and i tried to enable mpeg layers but it redisabled it) so come on. Linux pls

Linux
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

I'm sorry to say this but....
    there are no guys, there is just one guy (currently on holiday) who is responsible for dbpower amp (converter and player). He probably would like to help you but he is already filled with requests for the windows version, so I wouldn't expect anything in the near future:(
    Maybe someone can help you if you have problems with wine?

Comment

• sankorbin
      • Apr 2005

Re: Linux Power Amp

hate begging you guys doing such a great job with all dbpower products, but I keep running on windows partly 'cause of poweramp applications.
      Would be sooo great to have a Linunx application! But, thanks for the great playerand converter anyways! :komisch12

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Note that dMC will run under linux via WINE. However, Audio CD Input will not.

Comment

• Ronny
          • May 2005

I second that motion!!

I run SuSE Linux 9.3 Gnome and would love for you guys to make a version for Linux!!!

Linux is on a fast track to mega growth... can you see the potential of being one of the first companies to make this happen?? You know that it is almost always that the first company into the stream of a growing product are the ones to win BIG TIME!!

All of my friends have either switched to SuSE or Linspire Linux.

Lets go! Let get the ball rollin!!!!! :lustig1:
          Last edited by Ronny; May 07, 2005, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• FRZ
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ronny
            I second that motion!!

I run SuSE Linux 9.3 Gnome and would love for you guys to make a version for Linux!!!

Linux is on a fast track to mega growth... can you see the potential of being one of the first companies to make this happen?? You know that it is almost always that the first company into the stream of a growing product are the ones to win BIG TIME!!

All of my friends have either switched to SuSE or Linspire Linux.

Lets go! Let get the ball rollin!!!!! :lustig1:
            Linux hasn't made any inroads into the mainstream computer market b/c it's best as a server. It's been "on a fast track to mega growth" for years already.
            Think of the 90/10 rule: 90 percent of the results come from 10% of the efforts. Supporting Linux would be exactly the opposite.

Comment

• bbooska
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2003

Definetely need a Linux version.....

Spoon....Check out Linspire http://www.linspire.com/index.php?noFlash=1

They are pretty helpfull and are trying to make it easier for programmers to get there software on linux

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

the problem dmc will never be prted to linux under the current circumstances.

Spoon develops to the majority of users which is window users. and the growth and development of dmc has the fastest growth and demand from the general public. so unless demand slows or Spoon employs someone to port dmc to linux which would in turn require a lot of Spoons time to keep tabs on both developments, then it will never happen.

you can also keep a check on the latest release for linux here: http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=multimedia
                Last edited by Spoons; August 28, 2005, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2004

That just says that dMC 10.1 can run under WINE....that's why the users posting on this thread are saying they want to run dMC under Linux, not WINE in Linux......

Oi, and I want dMC for Linux too!

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Thread locked. As Razgo said, Spoon is the only programmer for dMC. For the near future, there will only be a Windows version. You can run dMC r11 and r11.5 in Linux via WINE, but you can only convert tracks, you can't rip a CD. We know people want dMC in Linux, but that's not one of the crucial priorities.

Comment

Working...

]]>