title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Streaming Sound Files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jstock
    • Aug 2003

Streaming Sound Files

I would like dAP to be able to stream and play audio files from a web site in a similar to Windows Media Player and WinAMP. It would need to be able to understand .M3U play lists with URLs as entries like http://lisa.home.lan/mp3s/afile.mp3

As far as I know dAP does not support thi already. At least I have not been able to get it to work.

Regards
    Jon
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It needs special code for dAP to read the files off the internet, I have yet to do this.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jstock
      • Aug 2003

Streaming Monkeys Audio files

Is this because dbPowerAmp does not support progressive playback as yet? When do you think dbPowerAmp will support this?

I would like this to work for Monkeys Audio files, is that going to be possible in the future or am I best sticking to a format like MP3 or WMA for progressive playback (streaming) from my intranet site?

Regards
      Jon

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If the site is fast enough you should be able to stream almost any format, to stream you need internet reading code dAPs codecs don't have that.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jstock
          • Aug 2003

Streaming Audio Files

Are you going to be adding the internet playing capability to dbPowerAmp at some point?

If so, will it support all the file formats dbPowerAmp currently supports and when will it be available?

By the way, I think dbPowerAmp, the Music Converter and so on are extremely cool software and think that adding the internet support would make it beat winAmp and Windows Media Player absolutely hands down. It probably does that already actually!! :-)

Kind Regards
          Jon

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Sometime when I get chance.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• irisclara
              • Aug 2003

Please! Jon is right. If dB could stream, the normalizer could make my friend's shoutcast station much more listenable. Streaming support would rock like nobody's business!
              ps:thanks for all the free stuff!
              Last edited by irisclara; August 21, 2003, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• Unregistered

I would personally like to attach to a WMA stream and then transcode it to an mp3 stream and then send that mp3 stream to a icecast/shoutcast server. Then I could listen to it on my TiVo.

That would rule.

Comment

Working...

]]>