title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Delete Source Files option

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • puntloos
    • Jul 2003

Delete Source Files option

Im kinda a messy person, and to protect myself from me, I would like it if the dbPoweramp conversion/encoding window would contain a line in red letters:

"Deleting source file after encoding".

dbPoweramp remembers (I think) the 'delete source files' option and when I carelessly click click encode go sequence I think one day I will forget that I had 'delete source' enabled and remove some important files. When I tell a program to start I always look at the progress window before I leave and I think having the red-letter-warning in there will probably save me a lot of work one day.

Speaking of deleting source files.. I think you should build in a (simple) check if the encoding seemed succesful. Nothing special but perhaps a check if the result file is present and not 0 bytes or a size totally inconsistent with the projected filesize.

Thing is, at one point I had installed the mppenc encoder in a different dir than dbp expected, hit encode&delete source and it nicely decoded a source to wav, tried to start the encoder, failed, deleted source and temp-wav, next file..

All files gone, no results. :(
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

good idea
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

i think it's a good idea too, however i would never trust it or any software to delete things in this manner. i prefer to go back and do it manually after i have finished so then it is my mistake if things go wrong and not the software fault.

Comment

• puntloos
        • Jul 2003

which one is a good idea? I've listed 2 ideas
        (of course both are good but..)

Anyway well deleting source files just has its uses, especially if you're struggling for space or have files on your system for the exclusive purpose of encoding them to your mobile device (like I often do)

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

2nd more than the first, if someone switches on delete source files then it is not for me to argue or hinder that option.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• puntloos
            • Jul 2003

True, but well a little extra 'red flashing light' for careless idiots like me would be very welcome

Comment

• Joseph
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2002

Or instead of deleting them, they could just be put in the Recycling Bin.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

An idea - perhaps needs an option
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>