title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

SonicStage 2 allows you to create a 256kbps ATRAC3PLUS, but this will not transfer to my NedMD.
    The highest quality ATRAC file that I can create and transfer without further conversion is an ATRAC3 132kbps which is shit, as the bit rate of ATRAC stored on a MD is 256kbps.
    Atrac3plus is only supported on HIMD players, to use on a normal net MD reencode to normal Atrac.

Comment

• UnforseenPlague

Converter

Alright, ive read this post and its all the same ppl sayin the same thing, so i just want to say, if someone finds a way to convert atrac3 plus or atrac3 to mp3, please let everyone know. I just want to know, i dont care if its a 5000 word essay, thats what macros and visual basic and programming in C is for :D

Heck now that i think about it, atrac3 or atrac3 plus to ANYTHING else would own. What sony does this for is because of all the copyright infirgement that goes around, with this software it ensures that ppl cant copy their stuff, smart except they forgot something, it pissed off to many people and their sales droped, but not enough to change the crappy atrac3 convertions crap.

Comment

• Unregistered

to correct an earlier post :-

Atrac3Plus is supported on HiMD and Atrac CD Walkman units.

in general :-

i use a D-NE1, wasn't too impressed with Simple Burner... more impressed with SS 2.0.

I'll have to check by first-hand importing, but i suspect that SS 2.0 might actually import VBR MP3's properly for convert to ATRAC (only notable if the bulk of collection is mP3 really).

SS 2.0 also adds burning mp3 & Audio cD's from library stored files (which can be ATRAC OMG's, WAV, WMA or mp3) but having not tested that function, i dont know what filetype restricts apply there.

i'll report back if anything goes postive on the tests, in case it helps towards any efforts to add ATRAC support to DMC, p/b support to DMP.

Part of the installation of ss 2.0 adds, as i recall, a directsound filter for OMG (OpenMG) files - so if any potential exists for utilising a Directsound filter plug-in.. that's another avenue to check..

Comment

• LoMaxXf3

does anyone know of any pc software/plugin(winamp, windows media player...) that i could download and use to play back my burned atrac3 cd's? I don't want to have to always listen to my atrac3's through my sony atrac3 cd player. It'd be nice if i could get something that would be as easy as popping in my atrac3 cd into the cd/dvd drive and instantly playing it like a normal cd.

Comment

• yilmam

I don't think such a thing exists yet. Not even sonic stage simple burner 2 (which also acts as a media player) can playback atrac format from disks.

Personally, I don't like simple burner 2 very much. My main complaint is that you have to import every music file (or folder) that you want to burn to an atrac disk into the simple burner 2 library first. I found just being able to browse your hd (with SS1) much easier. The only real advantage ss2 has over ss1, other than acting as a media player, is that you can burn in 256kbps atrac3plus quality. I doubt I would ever use this quality, but it is still nice to have it.

Comment

• Unregistered

whoops, "ss" should actually be "sb" (for simple burner).

Comment

• Unregistered

OK please help me!!
                Yesterday i jus installed sonicstage 2.0 ive only spent a few mins on it but it seems reliable. Although, when i burnt cd's on my sonicstage simple burner not all the tracks would be burnt. Are those the ones that are in grey text??
                Or, is it that not all mp3's can be burnt?
                I haven't tried burning on the 2.0 version yet so hopefully, i wont be disappointed.

Comment

• yilmam

Re: My Thoughts

Originally posted by yilmam
                  I've had a Sony D-NE510 atrac3 cd player for a year now, and I've got to say I'm very impressed.

I've had no problems using simple burner doing a very things I picked up on after the first blown cd:

1. You can't convert mp3 files (to atrac3) with either VBR(bit rate changes during the song) or if the mp3 file has a frequency of under 32kHz. *If you have a file that is either VBR or under 32kHz do not try to convert it (to atrac3) as is. Simply convert it to a steady bit rate, or a higher frequency using Cool Edit pro, or a similiar audio editing program.

Hope i helped out, if only a little :D

That's probably the problem. =D

Comment

• Unregistered

well i posted a day ago, and i tried burning with my 2.0 v. It worked perfectly.
                    The songs from Win MX are mostly VBR quality. On sonicstage 1.0 some of these din't burn. this is true.
                    but for sonicstage v 2.0 everything went smoothly. i burnt songs with the 256 option. They were perfect. even the ones with the VBR.

Comment

• Doormat

I have no choice but to use this, since my Walkman is one of the old NW jobs, which only play Atrac3. What bothers me is that my old PC (with 4 years worth of cd collection on it) blew up, and even having swapped the HD over, the OpenMG database files won't work on my new PC. The music is there, dammit, but i can't play it - and the idea of re-ripping all my cd's is not exactly appealing. All DRM sucks - and is the main killer of Legal Download projects - no one want's to be restricted this way. I cant use any of the legal sites, because i cant turn their DRM files into sony DRM files. I need raw mp3's - and there is only one place to get them :-)

Comment

• Khwaja

With all tons of sound technology programmers and
                        still no converter from ATRAC3 to MP3/Wav ??

DVD to video converters came pretty fast. Why this
                        stupid thing is taking too much time ? ATRAC3 is
                        proprietory thing, so what. DVD is too.

Comment

• Unregistered

I would guess the reason is Sony's legal team

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by LoMaxXf3
                            does anyone know of any pc software/plugin(winamp, windows media player...) that i could download and use to play back my burned atrac3 cd's? I don't want to have to always listen to my atrac3's through my sony atrac3 cd player. It'd be nice if i could get something that would be as easy as popping in my atrac3 cd into the cd/dvd drive and instantly playing it like a normal cd.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Joseph
                              Yes, but not easily.
                              So, how do you go about converting it? I have a bunch of ATP files that I want to listen in my car, but my player in my car is not SONY and won't play them. How do I go about converting these ATP files to MP3?

Comment

• DeX

well there is this problem one one hand but on the other:
                                i want to convert al my damn mp3`s (5132 of them) to ATRAC3plus
                                i can do that BUT can i find a reasonable atrac3PLUS codec so i can play them in winamp or sumthing???
                                i think Atrac is a very nice technology but i hope the codec and a GOOD software player should arrive soon on the market.
                                If you found an ATRAC3PLUS (only plus) decoder plz reply or mail me
                                drag05h@yahoo.com or sumthing I`m desperate.... (the player rulz D-NS505 but SS (shitty stage) clearly sucks

Comment

Working...

]]>