title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: ATRAC3 & ATRAC3Plus Support

the updater takes such a long time to start

anyhow , thaanx for the info guys . ive been trying to find anything for such a long while ..

did sony stop making the mini disc buner from within the pc . someone was selling it on ebay for 500 $ o_0

Comment

• DeX
      • Jun 2004

huh???

Comment

• Unregistered

what part did i confuse you with or are you just reacting to the madness of 500 $ ?

o yeh , a burner . the sonic stage is horrible . well not horrible but not too good . the file library crashes if its loading too many songs . my count is atleast 3000 songs but yeh . still shouldnt happen . there must be a simple program that burns mp3 into atrac3plus format . all i want to do is make a data cd and burn from mp3 to atrac . i cant encode files into atrac to make a cd . i need them to stay mp3 and i dont have the extra room to be doing all this crazyness .. why cant it just be easy minus the crappy sonic stage . am i missing something . im so unfamiliar with this kind of file format .

Comment

• JCV

Burning ATRAC3plus to CD

I just bought an ATRAC3plus CD player Sony NF400 mainly due to it's advertised 400++ songs in 1 CD, very promising indeed.... more than you can fit if it's MP3 you're putting in the CD. I researched a bit about the features of that model and understand that it includes software for compiling CD in ATRAC3plus format... and that the software runs on Win XP which is my OS. However, i was in for a big surprise when after installing SonicStage 2.0, I found out that it is not compatible with dual boot systems. My PC was configured for dual boot between Windows 98 and Win XP professional, with Win98 mostly for older programs/games that has issues with Win XP.... and Win XP for personal/work related documents.

The thing is, I can rip songs from CD audio into .omg files. However, if I click on "Create ATRAC CD" button, the "ADD" button will not activate (it's grayed out) even if I put blank CD-R or CD-RW in the CD Writer. Anybody experienced the same thing. Is it really due to the dual boot setup? If it is, is there a way to make it work with the dual boot setup? Or are there any software that will encode my .omg files to ATRAC3plus CD with my present O.S. environment? I'm really pissed at Sony for giving me this hard time. I have friends that knew I was going to buy this thing and impressed at the thought of cramming 400++ songs in 1 CD. They must've bought one for themselves if it wasn't for my discouraging experience with the software. They've since asked around for other brands of portable but I'm stucked with this stupid SonicStage crap that won't work.

Any kind hearted tech wiz who can help me will be greatly appreciated. Kindly email me at jcvillaluz@pldt.com.ph for any bit of helpful info you can give.

Comment

• Unregistered

This is not going to make you feel any better but I am going through the exact same thing with the exact same dual boot problem. I am also hoping that someone who knows what they are doing will help us figure out this problem.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Taher
              Hello dear users

I have Sony Sonic Stage but I have not Sony disk player. So I cann't play CDs that born with Sonic Stage.
              Please help me to find a player software to play Atrac3Plus with PC as simple as play MP3 on computer.
              Please send your answers to tahereskandari@yahoo.com .

I am waiting for your lovely relplies.

Thanks & Best Regards,
              Taher

Comment

• Unregistered

Im not 100% positive about this, but I'm relativly sure that RealOne Player Basic and Platinum supports Atrac3 and Atrac3plus Files. It is also a Media Manager, and supports pretty much any Media Format. Its pretty cool, but i dont use it anymore, bcz I like the look of Windows Media Player, it uses a 10-band EQ, and I am used to using it. RealOne also has pretty good DVD Playback features, and pretty kool Visualizations.

Comment

• DeX
                  • Jun 2004

weeeeeee

My dear last Unregistered, the problem is the following:
                  YOU can't play atrac3plus files with anything even if the program has the codec, i searched the entire web and i read every single article about atrac3+ that google could find (it took about 3 weeks), and i am telling you those files are EVIL they are copyrighted and cannot be played by anything!!!
                  Only if someone gives me the codec for atrac3+, i would kindly offer my self to make the player to skip the copyright in any original file (dunnow if it's legal) .... notify me.... if u find something new.. i`m watching this forum closely.

Comment

• Unregistered

Sony calls their DRM system OpenMG, which is short for "Open Magic Gate". OpenMG is called this because it acts as the only gate/gateway between your digital device (CLIE, Hi-MD, Net-MD, and Net-Walkman) and the music files. Music files that are ripped into ATRAC3 or ATRAC3plus within the SonicStage 2.0 software have a license associated with them upon conversion into the OpenMG format. SonicStage is the only piece of software available that can read the OpenMG headers wrapped around ATRAC3 or ATRAC3plus files with the omg, oma extensions, thus is the only piece of software that can export/access to an to aformentioned list of OpenMG compatible devices. All music that is ripped from Redbook into SonicStage 2.0 has a license generated and applied with the following rights "Remaining Audio CD Transfer Count = Unlimited" and "Remaining ATRAC CD Transfer Count = Unlimited". When ATRAC3/ATRAC3plus CD's are created the headers are modified aswell as the extensions w/ a *.ATP extension, which only Sony ATRAC3/ATRAC3plus CD players can read. Even if you take a *.ATP file off the CD and rename it to omg, SonicStage will refuse to touch it because SonicStage 2.0 does not have the ability to read the headers, nor does it have the required license to decode. Moving on to Sony Connect. Sony Connect Music Store offers all music in ATRAC3 (not ATRAC3plus) format. When you purchase a song and download it on an authorized machine a license is acquired with 1 of the two following rights. Either one, 5 ATRAC3 CD burns and 5 Redbooks Audio CD burns aswell as unlimited (except for music under the Warner Music Group, which is limited to 3 OpenMG device exports) exporting to an OpenMG compatable device, such as the aformetioned. Or Two, unlimited Redbook Audio CD burning, but 0 ATRAC3 CD burning, and unlimited export to a OpenMG device. Notably license rights vary by label. You can have 3 authorized machines using Sony Connect and you can constantly redownload your music onto all 3 if something ever happends and you forgot to make a backup. If you download a song with unlimited export Redbook burn rights, most likely the 2nd and 3rd machine will have the same license. Just about all music when downloaded onto all 3 machines are able to be export an unlimited amount of times to an OpenMG device, beside music from Warner which the secondary doesn't have any. So only SonicStage can touch OpenMG devices and the music there-in. ACM ATRAC3 file's have WAV headers, SonicStage will play them, but there are no export rights associated.

Just Thought This Could Be Some Help.

Comment

• Unregistered

I am the same author as the above.

Also, When SonicStage 2.0 is installed, it installs a DirectShow filter which allows Windows Media Player 9.0 to playback ATRAC3 files at least the oma Connect Music Store Files... Also the file extensions of ATRAC3 is *.OMG which are files that are imported/ripped from a CD or other file, and *.OMA which are Connect Music Store files. The two files are not the same in terms of headers, because of the fact that *.OMA require 3 authorized computers for decoding where *.OMG do not require this. Also, ATRAC3/ATRAC3plus *.OMG and *.OMA files can and only can be backed up completely in their entirety. You cannot just take all of you *.OMG and *.OMA files and make a file-by-file backup. You haft to backup your entire music collection using SonicStage Backup, then burn on to a disc and put your music on another computer. NOTE: IF YOU PUT YOUR BACKEDUP ATRAC3'S ON ANOTHER COMPUTER WITH EXISTING *.OMG, and *.OMA MUSIC FILES IT ***WILL*** DELETE/REPLACE YOUR LICENSES/FILES, EVEN PURCHASED ONES. All-in-all I believe Sony took Digital Rights Managment and made it a Artform.

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: where i can find soft to ATRAC3

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        Where I can find the software of the atrac3 or atrac3plus for extraction and audio recording

Comment

• Unregistered

As of July 5, 2004 here for Win98SE, ME, 2000:

and here for WinXP:

http://sonicstage.connect.com/SonicStageInstaller.exe.

The general website is http://www.connect.com. The Sony Connect Music Store is integrated into SonicStage 2.0 (as MusicStore is integrated into iTunes), and SonicStage 2.0 is around 30MB download. SonicStage is a jukebox program w/ CDDB capability and ripping and encoding into ATRAC3 and ATRAC3plus and WAV. SonicStage 2.0 also can import WAV, WMA (unencrypted, No DRM), and MP3 files and will covert them them into the proper ATRAC3 format for the Sony device you own. SonicStage 2.0 for Windows 98SE, Me, and 2000 are in Beta, while XP is stable according to Connect Customer Care. SonicStage 2.0 does not support mp3 encoding from any source, since most Sony devices do not support MP3 playback. Sony's DRM is based around the fact that not all devices support their format, and their the only one's with their format. If everybody under the sun could decode ATRAC3 files w/ OpenMG, there wouldn't be any DRM left. They control the format, thus they control where the format goes. Also, you gotta understand the reason why Sony is controlling this format to this extent. Sony is a record label. Sony has Sony 550, Columbia, and EPIC Records. They don't want you to have the ability to easily give songs out to people, especially theirs.

Comment

• DeX
                            • Jun 2004

Of course, i agree with the unregistered above that sony made an artwork from copyright protection..... but still i wonder WHEN will the atrac3plus technology will be left alone to roam in the open market.
                            I'm still loking for an answer to trick ANY player to read the files and not the header and the license part. Still do try and keep me up to date if there is any new release by sony or by anyone else.... Cheers! :komisch12

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              I bought the d-ne711 mainly to play my mp3cds and was didnt know anything about its atrac3 capabilities. I was very happy with the amount of mp3s that i could fit on a cd but i figured i'd try atrac3 anyway just to see what it could do.

I think everyone agrees the simple burner thing is awful, it lacks even the most basic features that you'd expect in a piece of software. An update would definitely be welcome.

I was suprised by the amount of time a full cd took to make but when i thought about it again it wasnt that bad for what was involved. i.e. decodeding 300 mp3s to WAV format and then encoding them in the complex atrac3 format, 5 or 6 hours isnt that long. It would probably take me a lot long to rip 20 albums to mp3.

A 64kps file sounding almost better in some cases than a 128kbs file sounded too good to be true but the quality is amazing.

The only problem was the fact that it was unable to write a number of mp3s. I dont know for sure but i think i read somwhere that this is something to do with a particular mp3 codec. Anyone know which one? Or anything about this?

I was sceptical of surfsecrets claims to be able to encode atrac3/ It seemed to be that if Sony had allowed them the use of the codec then others would have the encoding ability too and my scepticism was proven to be correct as i found when i tried it. Surfsecret cant encode atrac3. It simply does not work.

Comment

• 2$Billie

Maybe it is a stupid idea but maybe you could download a palm os emulator and the audio player for clie which plays atracs too?

Comment

Working...

]]>