title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cut out silence

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Cut out silence

Now, one day (I'm saying one day, 'cause it is no hurry at all) it could be nice to add a cut off silence mode of playing (next to gappless and crosfade) like the one in winamp2. There is a plug-in there that skips thru songs when the input level is less than, for example, 40dB (you can change this) .... It is very good for songs that were ripped with a few seconds of gap in the start or end, or when it is intetional (like Pink Floyds Dark Side of The Moon - about 30 secs on the begining and the end of the album, not nice when you are randomly playing and suddenly it just quiet)...

Anyway I said one day...
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

does it also have in "millesec/s" to wait before cutting off?

like in dmc auxilary input has this option.

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

No is doesn't....
      Now that you have mentioned it that could improve the function, although I think in most cases it wouldn't matter... cause it skips try the song, it doesn't end it and goes to the next one...

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

yeh i was taking into consideration that some tracks have a sudden stop in their music at different intervals.

Comment

• donny
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2002

Yes, in that kind of songs it would just run thru the silent part and continue with the music... in some cases it just ruins the effect that the song should have, but you can always shut down the plug-in

Comment

Working...

]]>