title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album art FILE size limit (for Sonos users)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RadicalDad
    • Jan 2011

Album art FILE size limit (for Sonos users)

I know there is an album art size limit for pixels. However, Sonos users also need a file size limit.

The current Sonos controllers (CR200, iPad & iPhone) can handle pixels up to 2048 x 2048. The original CR100 goes up to 1024 x 1024. In actual practice, you almost never see album art with pixel sizes anywhere close to those limits.

However, Sonos limits those same controllers to file sizes of 256 kb. I often see album art files over that size, so it would be very convenient to have an automatic limit on file size as well.

Thanks. dBpoweramp is a fantastic program and I'm loving using it.

--Bruce Morris
  • jed
    • Jan 2011

Re: Album art FILE size limit (for Sonos users)

Originally posted by RadicalDad
    I know there is an album art size limit for pixels. However, Sonos users also need a file size limit.

The current Sonos controllers (CR200, iPad & iPhone) can handle pixels up to 2048 x 2048. The original CR100 goes up to 1024 x 1024. In actual practice, you almost never see album art with pixel sizes anywhere close to those limits.

However, Sonos limits those same controllers to file sizes of 256 kb. I often see album art files over that size, so it would be very convenient to have an automatic limit on file size as well.

Thanks. dBpoweramp is a fantastic program and I'm loving using it.

--Bruce Morris
    +1 to that request.

I currently limit my art to 750 x 750 but still some go over the 256 barrier.

Would also be nice to only use square artwork (1:1 aspect ratio) as well.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Album art FILE size limit (for Sonos users)

This option will appear in R14.1, it has already been written
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>