title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

PerfectMeta wishlist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

PerfectMeta wishlist

An old request for metadata providers:
    - Discogs
    - Amazon (even with a nagging "If you like this album, we recommend [x, y, z], click to buy" if user chooses to use Amazon)
    - I think I recall EliC has also requested Muze
    - Multiple hits from all providers

A few related or semi-related requests:

1) A two-stage process where first, in the course of determining which CD (in case where there are two different titles matching) one disregards some typography (like, capitalization and non-alphanumeric characters are removed for internal purposes) and only in the second stage they are used to determine the exact spelling; this for example eliminates cases where GD and Freedb have the same title, overriding AMG, but different spelling of a track.

2) A user option for fussiness of spelling for first step in #1. Then a user option to disregard completely matches which are outvoted in the first step of the request in #1

3) A (regexp-based?) scoring system based on tags. Like, e.g.: My CDs are mainly rock to metal, so I would like to score up metadata hits which have that in a genre tag. Also, I would like to score down hits which have no tracktitle information at all or are incomplete in other ways (where user should be able to choose what constitutes incompleteness) -- it has happened that a CD gets artist and title from AMG and all track names from somewhere else because AMG has no tracktitle information. (Both these examples are for the stage one choice mentioned in #1.)
    User should be able to store scoring system by profile.

4) For file formats which support freetext tagging (like Vorbis), an option to include a DBPOWERAMP_ALTERNATIVE_TAGSET tag including all retrieved tags for the disc -- and then a way to choose afterwards using dBpoweramp's tag editor. (OK, a proprietary solution off standards, but nevertheless better than nothing, and brilliant for Batch Ripper; if the user thinks (s)he got the wrong file from ripping, it can be fixed afterwards -- and also you might spread the gospel to users who buy ripping services by letting them now that with dBp they have access to alternative tagsets.)
    Last edited by Porcus; March 20, 2009, 07:42 AM.
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: PerfectMeta wishlist

Porcus,
    Good list. I think I have covered most of these requests in either my PerfectMeta Discussion threads or PerfectMeta Formatting Thread

I have finally gotten around to playing with PerfectMeta - and so far I am very impressed. Some initial comments: -would like to see meta data pulled from multiple freedb choices -it would be nice if each field in the PerfectMeta screen was not only editable, but dragable. I have come across a few examples now where

I would like to make this a thread for suggestions / options that would improve PerfectMeta. -Treat GD3 "[***]" as "(***)" when comparing meta-data. So " [Solo] " from GD3 should be treated the same as " (Solo) " from MusicBrainz or freeDB when comparing to see if there is a match.

my solution for your request #4 is to store a txt file in the rip directory with all of the meta-data from each provider that could later be used by a meta-data editing app to manually find the best meta-data for the album.

It would be nice if spoon could provide some way of allowing the end user to add more providers to perfectmeta, and that would allow users to add unofficial providers like amazon or google...

discogs would be a great free addition

I have pushed for investigation of Muze for its super high resolution album art and extended classical music tags.

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

I think you would find some of the requests in the following post particularly interesting Porcus
      I have finally gotten around to playing with PerfectMeta - and so far I am very impressed. Some initial comments: -would like to see meta data pulled from multiple freedb choices -it would be nice if each field in the PerfectMeta screen was not only editable, but dragable. I have come across a few examples now where

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

Oooh, sorry for hijacking the other threads. Thought they disappeared when the Wishlist forum was cleaned up.

Comment

• wilson
          • Apr 2009

Eli, noticed the muze quote. I worked for a hardware company that used Gracenote/muze and muze didn't have high res images as of about 6 months ago, only 200x200 I believe. They had ok classical, but the Gracenote/muze combo caused problems with consistency. The only company with high res images at that time was GD3 with 1000x1000. I've been using that with dbpoweramp for my personal ripping. Used the GD3 software to do the editing and updating as well to get the misses. Probably not a big deal for a PC user, but if you have a media server, they look great on my big flat screen.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Muze has been taken over by AMG AFAIK.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• EliC
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Originally posted by wilson
              Eli, noticed the muze quote. I worked for a hardware company that used Gracenote/muze
              I wonder if that means its actually possible to negotiate the use of multiple meta-data providers with Gracenot??

Muze had many different tears of service and the resolution of the art depended on the lvl of service per their pricing page. I wonder if there database is being blended with AMG's if they have been taken over?

Comment

Working...

]]>