title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Monkey's Audio 4.03 support!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsm
    • Apr 2008

Monkey's Audio 4.03 support!

Greetings Spoon,

Support for Monkey's Audio 4.03 would be awesome! Since it has just been released and there had not been any new official versions for a long time, I was not even sure you would be aware that a new version had even been released!

While I am at it, perhaps a couple of further feature requests if I may ;-)

1) Introduce the ability to store CD data in a text format much like CDPLAYER.INI, but with support for all meta data tags. I would like to retain the CD data, but have this stored in a text format that can be modified easily (I have created a database that allows corrections to meta data in files to be reflected in CDPLAYER.INI just in case I need to rip later).

2) Add an option to keep ripping until matching CRC values are found, I use this when I cannot obtain a secure rip, but store each value in a text file so that I can compare the most recent CRC with the others and if there is a match, I am contented that I have a "reasonable" rip.

3) I do not use AccurateRip as I tend to rely on the drive error checking more so, but would like to know how my rip fares with others but still continue with the secure rip process regardless of the result.

I had other feature requests, but I cannot think of them now. Thank you for reading!

Kindest regards,
    Jason.
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Monkey's Audio 4.03 support!

Could you use the Audio Info utility codec for 1)?

Comment

• EliC
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

I believe there are no changes to the codec in 4.03 so "support" is already there - no change required.

why don't you use accurate rip? its the best solution for your #2&3 requests???

Comment

• jsm
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Wayne
        Could you use the Audio Info utility codec for 1)?
        Already do ;-) I then import the data generated by Audio Info to, among other tasks, generate a CDPLAYER.INI file. At the moment though, some of the meta data is stored in the Comment field and before I perform a rip, I need to manually cut and paste the data into the correct fields (Album Artist field is a prime example).

Comment

• jsm
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by EliC
          I believe there are no changes to the codec in 4.03 so "support" is already there - no change required.

Fair point :-P

why don't you use accurate rip? its the best solution for your #2&3 requests???
          AccurateRip is fantastic! My only issue with AccurateRip, and correct me if I am wrong, is that even if there are C2 errors reported, the resulting rip is compared with those in AccurateRip and the rip is considered Accurate if matches are found. I understand that the odds of an error in exactly the same place on a CD being able to contribute to an exact CRC match in AccurateRip is almost impossible, and I also understand that error correction in optical drives is not always perfect. I would like the option to carry out the entire ripping process entirely and then have the results of this and the results of the AccurateRip comparison displayed.

Thank you for your comments :-)

Kindest regards,
          Jason.

Comment

Working...

]]>