title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Archive trimmed silence, unwanted songs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trainee
    • Apr 2008

Archive trimmed silence, unwanted songs

I find the trim silence function very useful, but I'm always concerned that the removed silence disappears (not good for permanent archival). I use flac for my home stereo format of choice, but if were to ever need to reburn a cd from my archive, and the tracks had been trimmed I would end up with a CD that was slightly different than the source. Yes cuesheets could remedy this to some extent, but I tend to allow slightly more than digital silence during trimming.

Example:
    3 track CD with hidden track during track#3 and silence between track 1 and track 2

track #1 4mins
    silence 2secs
    track #2 3mins
    track #3 10mins (4mins of silence between track and hidden track)
    silence 3secs

I would like to be able to dump out the 4mins 5secs of silence to another file (which can be compressed) and record where the silence fits back in so I can rebuild the file in case of disaster. I realize this is extremely anal, but hyporthetically you could stuff songs you dont like or speaking passages into the archive and you wouldnt have them cluttering up your music library, but you could still have them archived.
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Archive trimmed silence, unwanted songs

I agree and have also requested this. See this thread:

FANTASTIC! I just noticed Audio CD - Hidden Track Silence Removal Been asking for it, never noticed it was available or implemented and no one pointed it out. Thank you Spoon! Haven't had a chance to test it yet. Does it splice the song into three parts? Can we have an option to notify the user that a possible

Comment

Working...

]]>