title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Progress on Industrial Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MusicTrax
    • Feb 2007

Progress on Industrial Ripper?

About six months ago, I asked on this forum if there was any work being done on the Industrial Ripper. The answer back then was "not yet."

This is still being listed as being "Under Development" on this website, as "The goal is to create an automated CD Ripper (using robotic loaders), ripping large numbers of audio CDs filling the needs of Radio Stations and companies offering a personal ripping service..."

Sounds like a great idea to me. My only question is: is this ever really going to happen, or is it just a pipe dream?

This would be worth at least a hundred bucks to me, if Spoon could spend a few days getting this together using one of the commercially-available hardware CD-R/DVD-R changers out there. I suspect quite a few users and companies would be willing to pay for it as well.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Progress on Industrial Ripper?

Illustrate has made a decision to enter the automated / commercial CD Ripping business in a big way, we are to offer automated (batch ripping) free for all Reference users. Normally automated ripping programs can cost $$$$, Illustrates aggressive pricing will ensure market domination. Final Functionality The program will

Comment

• MusicTrax
      • Feb 2007

Ah, that's great news. You should feature this news on your home page.

And, if I might suggest this, I think it would be fair to charge more for the Industrial Ripper feature. Even another $20-$30 is more than reasonable.

I look forward to a list of compatible hardware (particularly the robotic changers).

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Some more info relating to the automated loaders is here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...6824#post66824

Comment

• EliC
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Originally posted by MusicTrax
          And, if I might suggest this, I think it would be fair to charge more for the Industrial Ripper feature. Even another $20-$30 is more than reasonable.
          I totally agree. Its a feature most people don't need and if a bit of extra cash in spoon's pocket gives him more time for development - GREAT!

Comment

Working...

]]>