title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ReplayGain in DSP from stored tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NormanPCN
    • Feb 2006

ReplayGain in DSP from stored tags

Basically like foobar2000 does. This gives a choice of using album gain or track gain when converting. For example when I convert from Wavpack to MP3. Also using existing tags saves unnecessary computation.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: ReplayGain in DSP from stored tags

Install the DSP effects from the beta section of this forum.

Comment

• NormanPCN
      • Feb 2006

The DSP effects do not do what I stated in the initial post.

Use existing tags and...
      therefore be able to support Album mode in adjusting file gain.

DSP needs to compute the replay gain per file even if existing tags are there and only supports track gain mode.

Also there is no target dB for the replay gain. For example foobar2000 lets you apply replaygain and clip according to peak settings. The max volume setting seems to allow something like a +3dB but no mention of clipping if that will be too much. Typically replaygain really quiets things down making you turn the amplifier gain up for a given absolute volume. On some playback devices this is not good and a strionger input signal helps. e.g. most of my older CDs are -4dB or more and newer ones are -10dB or more so in foobar I put in a fudge of +3dB to put back what replaygain takes out but the occasional -2dB album will not be clipped and of course will be slightly off of the others but only maybe 1dB. An all around compromise.

Right now foobar has the best converter but has bug(s) that stop me from converting all albums as one big selection. dMC is bug free but does not have the features. Hence my request.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We only offer track gain applying of replaygain in the normalize dsp effect.

There is a Desired Volume where you set the dB value.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>