title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Reference no Free upgrades for life

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hanschke
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2006

Reference no Free upgrades for life

hello,

today i have bought the reference cause of many nice features but now i have seen that there is no life upgrade :(

the basic version has got life upgrade. i dont think it is a good idea and it is much better do give the small version (Power Pack & mp3 License) the Free minor version upgrades and the reference the life update :D

can the support please tell me the reason? thx
  • DudeBoyz
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2006

Re: Reference no Free upgrades for life

I have concerns about that too. I posted a thread on it - maybe give it a look and comment?

I have 11.5 and use it all the time. I just bought the $14 version a bit ago and was really looking foward to the upgrade, especially after testing the beta. That said, I have some concerns about the way Features and Licensing have been modified. First, in the beta, you had the Multi-Core support. I honestly believe that

Thanks

Comment

• hanschke
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2006

i have read your thread and hope that there will be a change

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

While there isn't a lifetime upgrades, the upgrade from dMC r12 to dMC r13 will be less than the price of the PowerPack. So yes, its not free, but it is a low-cost update. Besides, nobody forced you to purchase Reference.

Comment

• EliC
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

I think it would be nice/reasonable that purchasing the reference edition would get you free upgrade for powerpack features in the future, since you are paying more you should get at least what you would with the PP. With the option of paying a smaller upgrade fee each generation for reference / Pro features. Just MHO.

Comment

• DudeBoyz
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LtData
            While there isn't a lifetime upgrades, the upgrade from dMC r12 to dMC r13 will be less than the price of the PowerPack. So yes, its not free, but it is a low-cost update. Besides, nobody forced you to purchase Reference.
            Why not do something simpler.

dbPowerAmp purchases made from April 16th (day after tax day) on, will no longer be include Free Lifetime Updates. This is due in part to ongoing licensing fees and increasing development costs.

However, all existing and new customers who purchase dbPowerAmp on April 15th or earlier will still be entitled to Free Lifetime Updates. This is in keeping with our initial committment to our loyal customers.

Then reduce the models from 3 back to 2:

Free (as is now)
            Pro ($24.95)

Future Upgrades (for those buying after April 16th) will be $9.95 or $12.95 for say version 13 or 14, etc.

This keeps your promise to customers you made earlier. It also gives people incentive to purchase dbPowerAmp 12 quickly - before April 16th, which may help increase the number of customers you have at a much faster rate than it might otherwise.

So then, you get to walk away from the burdensome long-term Free Lifetime Upgrades model (for future customers) into a more realistic cost model that will reward you for your investment in making dbPowerAmp a more robust, more efficient and more capable product.
            Last edited by DudeBoyz; February 02, 2007, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Thread closed (duplicate messages posting over different threads), main discussion:

I have 11.5 and use it all the time. I just bought the $14 version a bit ago and was really looking foward to the upgrade, especially after testing the beta. That said, I have some concerns about the way Features and Licensing have been modified. First, in the beta, you had the Multi-Core support. I honestly believe that
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>