title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Apple?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sp3z1aL
    • Dec 2006

Apple?

First: sorry, I'm sure you've been asked this a lot (I think you even said you won't do it), but just putting it out there.

For college, I have to a laptop, and it's going to be an Apple, but I can't bear the thought of using iTunes to convert .mp3 instead of dMC.

So I formally put on my wishlist: please make a version that works with Apple computers! I have many (Apple owning) friends that I recommend dMC to (but they can't use it), that actually have me encode their files so they don't use iTunes.

BTW: If anyone cares, I use a "weird" encoding that iTunes will probably never be able to have. The one that works the best for me is Highest Quality VBR 160-320. It makes files about the same size as the "Studio Quality," but I think that they sound so much better.

Please, please develop dMC that Appla can run! :cry:
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Apple?

Unfortunately, as there is only one developer of dBpowerAMP and all other Illustrate products, Spoon, there is little to no chance of dMC being on any platform except for Windows.

However, there is a small light of hope: If you have one of the new Intel macs, you should be able to use Parallels to run Windows in a virtual environment and run dMC in that. Alternatively, you could use BootCamp and dual boot with Windows.

Comment

Working...

]]>