title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

File Selector: sophisticated overwrite options

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bendilley
    • Oct 2006

File Selector: sophisticated overwrite options

Just wanted to make a plea for a feature that would be very very useful for me!

I use dMC to convert my ever-increasing number of FLAC'd audio CD rips to e.g. mp3 format to squeeze on my portable player. I tend to rip + flac in one batch, then compress in another batch, update my player's library and sync the player.

Trouble is, if I don't keep track of all the CDs I've ripped that day, I've got a long compression process ahead of me because dMC File Selector doesn't know what I've already compressed, so I either have to go through all my files and work out what needs compressing and what doesn't, or just overwrite all the files I've already compressed with the same ones again, which takes a looong time!

If dMC had options of "skip conversion of existing destination files", or better still, "overwrite only where source file is newer than destination", or both, I think this would add a very powerful option to an already powerful application. The existing "overwrite regardless" option can stay of course, but I'd like to see it as one of 3 options rather than my only one!

Thanks for listening :smile2:

Ben
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: File Selector: sophisticated overwrite options

Im really hoping for something like this too. Spoon has said that future versions will have more library managing options/features as well as better integration of the tools/player. It would be great for the app to understand that the user has multiple libraries and to help sync them. In addition, my flac library is usually offline - I rip and encode flacs on a local drive, but as that size gets to about 50gigs or so I move them to external HDs that are usually turned off - no drive spinning or heat to help them last longer and protect the library.

Comment

Working...

]]>