title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A number of (somewhat crazy) suggestions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ultrabot90
    • Jul 2006

A number of (somewhat crazy) suggestions

First post here...
    Hey people, this is one gem o' creation. I mean, I never found something as good. For the wishlist...
    1. Please support more unconventional codecs (.it and .s3m, to name a few)
    2. Please make it open source.
    3. (Ignore this if you hate revolutionary stuff) How about integrating video conversion, too?
    That should make this the unbeatable converter, ever! It'll go down the history books, for sure.
    keep up the good work!
    -regards,
    ultrabot90
    Last edited by ultrabot90; July 22, 2006, 03:38 PM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: A number of (somewhat crazy) suggestions

1. You can use the Winamp Input Adapter and Winamp codecs to decode many files that dMC itself does not support.
    2. Probably not going to happen. Open source is NOT always the best idea for everything.
    3. I believe this has been spoken of before, but encoding video is infinately more complex than encoding audio (must ensure synchronization of audio and video, for example).

Now, don't get me wrong, we welcome all suggestions, so keep them coming.

Comment

• ultrabot90
      • Jul 2006

Re: A number of (somewhat crazy) suggestions

Originally posted by LtData
      1. You can use the Winamp Input Adapter and Winamp codecs to decode many files that dMC itself does not support.
      2. Probably not going to happen. Open source is NOT always the best idea for everything.
      3. I believe this has been spoken of before, but encoding video is infinately more complex than encoding audio (must ensure synchronization of audio and video, for example).

Now, don't get me wrong, we welcome all suggestions, so keep them coming.
      They *were* a bit crazy...but that 1st solution...
      Wonders!
      ...Hey, its giving an error..."This application has failed to start because NSCRT.dll was not found. Reinstalling may fix this." But even reinstalling doesnt fix it. Clicking OK around 10 times seems to open the select files window. But whats this? If I remove those in_xxxxxx.dll files, it works...please help.
      -regards,
      ultrabot90

Comment

Working...

]]>