title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

disc number tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tommy Chong
    • Jun 2006

disc number tag

i keep all my stuff in flac format, but i often convert to mp3 for use in my car, etc. anyhow, i label multi-disc sets as one album, in the same folder and instead of using the scheme 01 - song name, it's 01 - 01 - song name, where the first one is the disc number. i also add the discnumber tag to it using tag&rename, so my slimserver / squeezebox's work properly (i'm the one who requested the feature "treat multi-disc sets as single album" and they did it for me). anyways... when i convert from flac to mp3 dbpoweramp doesn't transfer over that particular tag, so i have to go thru and always redo any multi-disc sets manually in tag&rename... very tedious work, so i was hoping that maybe dbamp convert could add that tag or something, would be cool.

anyone else out there do it this way?

:komisch12
  • Tommy Chong
    • Jun 2006

Re: disc number tag

ah whoops.... didnt see this one

This is the only feature missing that, if implemented, would convince me to switch from iTunes to dbpowerAmp. I have an iPod and a lot of double/triple albums and boxed sets in my collection. I plan to archive all my CDs as FLAC files and convert them on-the-fly to MP3s when transfering the tracks to my iPod. Olivier

guess this one is "far off"

bummer...

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

That was 2004, more to the point disc number is going in as we speak to the new R12 (starting with CD Ripper), look out for the next beta release of dMC R12.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Tommy Chong
        • Jun 2006

cool... can't wait for that one.

i did have another question... for anyone who might know....

i'd like to run a batch command on all the folders that contain the converted mp3s... that no longer have the disc number tag. I'd like to tag all the tracks that start 01 - with disc number 1, and 02 - with disc number 2. i can see this being very easy with the right interface, but havn't seen anything out there that can do it...

so.. any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Well, you can do it in groups with a tagging program such as "The Godfather" here: http://users.otenet.gr/~jtcliper/tgf/

Comment

• Tommy Chong
            • Jun 2006

i'm not real big on the godfather (love the movies though! )...plus i already took care of it with tag&rename....
            looking forward to r12..

Comment

Working...

]]>