title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

My Personal Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deano
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2006

My Personal Wishlist

Before I get going, I have to say that I have been using dBPowerAMP for several years now, and it has had some great functionality for me. With the R12 stuff in development, I thought it would be good to get a few ideas down on the board. Some seem simple, but of course they might well actually be enormously complicated, so I apologise.

Of course, I expect nothing from this particular list, but you won't get if you do not ask in the first place eh?

1.) I own a simple flash mp3 player, like many people do. Most of the time I use this by simply copying album folders to it and listen to it that way. However, sometimes I like to make several folders containing "playlists". My flash player is so simple that it does not support actual playlisting functionality... so I literally rename my files in a specific order, which comes out something like:

01-In Flames-Trigger.mp3
    02-Draconian-Daylight Misery.mp3
    03-Nightwish-10th Man Down.mp3

etc etc

This then makes sure my player plays them in order. However, I do wish it could be simpler. For example, making an .m3u playlist in whatever program then right clicking in dBPowerAMP and it somehow renaming all the files correctly. Forgive me if I have somehow missed this sort of functionality in my years of messing with the application...

2.) Right Clicking Folders and being able to select "Convert To". Yeah, I know we have the File Selector, and very useful it is too... but I think with Right Click folder functionality you could do away for the need to include this as yet another program in the dBPowerAMP suite. If Coverting a folder, you could make sure that the Convert window was context sensitive in order to allow you to select only certain filetypes to convert and so on, and if you wanted it to keep the particular folder structure etc etc.

3.) A Secure CD ripper. Currently I use EAC to rip my CDs to .wav and then use dBPowerAMP to convert them further. However, I see that it is absolutely pointless for me to have so many different programs installed when I could just use one suite of programs to do it for me. Unfortunately, I don't know how easy that kind of work is, but I would have thought it would be majorly beneficial to most users. Yes, I am paranoid about the quality of my files.

4.) A files report type of functionality. I love your popup information about tags, but I would love to be able to simply get a big report of tags of my files in a collection and be able to export them to a more usable format like XML (seems as that's my main area of work these days) so I could run simple queries on it using something like XSL. I know that one is a huge long shot, but as I say... you don't get if you don't ask.

5.) Replaygain. Replaygain is something I heavily support. Currently I either have to run my files through Foobar2000 or mp3gain after I have converted them. Is it not possible to include the ability to scan your files with Replaygain in order to get the tags? It would eliminate a lot of unnecessary steps for me (and probably several other people). Then of course, it helps me eliminate all that evil clipping.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: My Personal Wishlist

Thanks for the suggestions:

>2.) Right Clicking Folders and being able to select "Convert To". Yeah, I know we have the File Selector, and very useful it is too... but I think

Already planned, it will just fire up fileselector with the correct folder selected.

>3.) A Secure CD ripper.

We did create accuraterip, a secure ripper that uses accuraterip dynamically - the results will give a better ripping experience than EAC.

>4.) A files report type of functionality.

Already supported by our audio player.

>5 Replaygain

Going in also.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>