title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ability to Rip CD's to BWF linear with Metadata

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glenn
    • Mar 2006

Ability to Rip CD's to BWF linear with Metadata

Hi,

It would be marvelious if dBpowerAMP Music Converter had the ability to rip CD's to Broadcast Wav Format (BWF) without any compression. It would be important that the metadata obtained from CCDB or FreeDB would be included in the metadata.

This is the only feature missing from dMC IMHO.

Regards

Glenn
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Ability to Rip CD's to BWF linear with Metadata

Have you tried the codec here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp2.htm ? It rips files to WAV BWF files. However, remember that WAV files have no metadata.

Why do you need them in BWF format, out of my curiosity?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

No tag data as yet, it will be coming in R12 beta soon.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Glenn
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by LtData
        Have you tried the codec here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp2.htm ? It rips files to WAV BWF files. However, remember that WAV files have no metadata.

Why do you need them in BWF format, out of my curiosity?

I work for a Radio/TV station and we are about to set up a media server which will start with approx 500 tracks and will over time grow to 20,000+ CD tracks. Ideally I would like to be able to rip the cd tracks in with the metadata from CCDB or Freedb.

We have a playout system that has a rotation facility which will use these files. Now, the reason we want to use BWF - the playout system will read the metadata from the BWF files and populate its own database - its possible to point the system at an open share and let it import the metadata automatically. Other systems that we use can also open and use the metadata in the BWF file.

BWF looks like the most compatable/future proof file format currently out there. In a few years we may decide to move to a new playout system and it is likely (I hope :smile2: ) that we will be able to use the BWF files and the metadata to populate a new system. Imagine the work involved if we needed to move to a new system and had to also re-ingest all the cd tracks to a new format.

Glenn

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Well if your tracks were wireless and you had a decoder for them, you could just transcode from one lossless format to another lossless format and not lose any quality.

But as Spoon said, if you want metadata, BWF, and lossless you will have to wait for the dMC r12 beta.

Comment

Working...

]]>