title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DMC Aux Input <--> freedb?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cydnub
    • Aug 2004

DMC Aux Input <--> freedb?

The DMC Aux Input tool greatly simplifies that process of getting vinyl lps into my music database.

However, there is still the very laborious task of labeling all those tracks by hand. Type type type type tpye. Aux Input helps with the Album Title/Artist/Genre/Year, but it would be VERY NICE to have the tracks done as well.

I see a one way to accomplish this using Aux Input:

I type in the artist/title information first. Then I click a "freedb" button. Aux Input provides the freedb artist/title matches for that combination. I pick the one I want. Aux Input then stores the N track names for that album in memory. I click record. As each track is written, Aux Input then uses the freedb track information to name the track names.

Sometimes I use Goldwave to get the albums in there since it has lots of DSP stuff, so it would be fanatastic if there was a tool that could:
    1) Take a list of track01.wav, track02.wav, track03.wav, etc
    2) Allow the artist/title to be input
    3) Look up possibles in freedb and allow user to select the match
    4) Automatically update the track names
    5) Convert the tracks to mokeys audio (.ape) including .ape tag names with artist/title/track/etc.

Is there such a tool? DMC does a great job with 4-6 for CDs. Well, this is a wishlist!

Bundy
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: DMC Aux Input &lt;--&gt; freedb?

There are third-party programs that will work with files that will tag them after you have converted them. Here is the program that I use, called "The Godfather": http://users.otenet.gr/~jtcliper/tgf/

It allows you to manually edit the filename or tags, does batch editing based on filename or tags, or even lets you do a lookup in FreeDB and apply the results to your files.

Comment

Working...

]]>