title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Playing multiple files from Win Explorer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • intelics
    • Feb 2006

Playing multiple files from Win Explorer

I wish that the player would act the following way:

When you select a bunch of files, you should be able to right-click the selected files, and click "play in dap" and they should all enqueue, and the player begins playing the first one, and the rest of the playlist should only contain the rest of the group you just selected.

this is how winamp works (although you have a choice to change that setting) and how WMP works.

What actually happens with dap though, if I select say five files in the windows explorer, and right-click and click "play in dap" is that it plays only one of the files, and ignores the rest. The playlist isn't altered in any way, so I have to actually run dap first, clear the playlist, then select the songs I want to hear.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Playing multiple files from Win Explorer

right click and >> Enqueue in dap
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• intelics
      • Feb 2006

Thanks for the reply.... I tried that, but it doesn't (on my installation anyway) run the dap player.

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

yeah, well the enque is a "silent" operation, meaning it doesn't change the actual dap state, only the state of the queue.

Comment

• intelics
          • Feb 2006

heh I just started another thread on this same subject, forgetting I'd started this one.

I think my other thread pinpoints more clearly what I "wish"... and yes, I've since learned it's a silent queue, and no playlist changes come from right-click adding files or playing.
          Last edited by intelics; March 12, 2006, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>