title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dual format ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcforn64
    • Feb 2006

Dual format ripping

First off thanks for the kick ass software and I'm really enjoying it, I've been waiting for audio software that's this powerful for years. :-)

One feature that would kick ass is a dual format export feature. For example I keep two copies of music on my HD; FLAC for future backup, and high quality playback and MP3; for use with my IPod.

When ripping an audio CD I use the "[artist][album][track number xx] [artist] - [track]" set of modifiers to save the tracks in FLAC form. I'm asking for a way to then rip the audio to another format using the same modifiers to another directory root. Say FLAC goes to c:\FLAC\[[artist]\[album]\[track number xx] [artist] - [track]] and MP3 goes to c:\MP3\[[artist]\[album]\[track number xx] [artist] - [track]] using one operation.

If not, to save time it would be nice if the Windows Explorer drop down real time conversion menu would allow this. It would also have practical music organizing ability. For example, ability to right click a file and have dBpowerAMP read the ID3 tag and automatically adjust the output to correspond to the identifiers to save to the root output.

Thanks again
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Dual format ripping

You can rip to two (or more) formats at once using the multi-encoder utility codec
    (available in the Beta section of the forum here:
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8314). You can set to rip to 2 folder structures sharing a common root but this ability is a bit limited. For example, this morning I ripped a cd to drive:root folder\mp3\artist-title and also to drive (same):root folder (same)\ogg\artist title.

For another thread discussing some of the limits see:
    I managed to install and use the beta multi-encoder to rip a lossless and MP3 file from a CD, however I have not found the folder option that I am looking for. I would like it to use a Music_directory/artist/album/ structure, but different Music_directories for the lossless and MP3 files. Is there anyway to do this

Although this is not exactly what you had in mind, I thought it similar enough that you might want to know about this, if you don't already.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>