title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgolden
    • Dec 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Since we're getting into Beta stage I decided I would give the R12 a test spin, been eagerly anticipating it. I installed and responding to the prompt, removed the 11.5 version, then installed 12 and rebooted.

I haven't gotten very far yet, but one thing I noticed is that the mouseover popup for audio files is not displaying. Does dbpamp need to 'own' these files? I currently have foobar as the default application for them. I do need to tell you that it had stopped working in R11.5 for me as well. I have also verified that Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP>Configuration>dBpowerAMP Configuration is configured with the required check box (it was by default I believe). Any words of wisdom?

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

I believe you are to install dMC r12 over top of dMC r11.5 without uninstalling.

<Edit: Never mind, you just install dMC r12, there is no longer a need to install over dMC r11.5>
      Last edited by LtData; 12-15-2006, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

I installed it too and it's dispalying the pop up info for all the file types it recognizes - which are not as many as with 11.5, since I don't have all the new codecs for them.

But for one thing the pop-up is a bit slow in popping up so you might think it's not there at first.

Comment

• mgolden
          • Dec 2006

Thanks LT and Christina. I uninstalled 12, installed 11.5, rebooted, then started the install for 12 again and saw that Instead of "Yes" and "Cancel", there was a "No" option that allowed me to install over 11.5 (D'OH) which I then proceeded to do. I verified that the settings were correct to display to pop-up (dBpowerAMP>Music Converter>Enable Pop-up Information Tips checked, and checked in advanced as well with all Items selected.). When I hover I am getting Type and Size, but that's it. If I right-click and go to Properties>Audio Properties or ID-Tag, I do see the FLAC file data. Same for mp3s.

Any ideas? I know this is small in the scheme of things but that feature is a BIG help for me as I go thru my music, verifying tagging, etc. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Type and Size is the Windows pop-up, not the dMC pop-up. The dMC pop-up will say "dBpowerAMP" at the bottom.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

For R12 you need to install R12 codecs, R11.5 codecs do not work (codecs can be downloaded under the R12 download link).

There is no longer a need to install R11.5 first then R12 to get popup.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mgolden
                • Dec 2006

Well, I reinstalled all the R12 Codecs, uninstalling what was there before just in case, rebooted and still no mouseover popup. I also hovered for a full minute over a flac (with tagging) to see if that was an issue, but no popup. Any other ideas/things to suggest?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Try wave and mp3 files, you get the popup?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mgolden
                    • Dec 2006

Don't get the popup on .mp3 or .wav, or .flac. By the way, ran the R12 converter to convert from .flac to .wav, seemed mighty fast

Are there any registry settings I should look at? And, I can't think of any security setting that would impact this.

Comment

• BobA
                      • Oct 2006

I thought someone would have mentioned a couple of things already.

On the popups not showing, this was the case for me (I was getting a small tooltip saying 'no info'). However, installing R12beta1 restored the popups.

In tag editing however, I cannot add new tag elements. I've tried several different angles, but clicking on 'add' makes a 'flicker' on the window, and that is all. I have files which say there are no existing tags (which is correct) and also files which have some but not all tags. In both cases, it won't add a tag element. There is also a button which just pops up a menu or something, saying "FIX ME". I'm thinking this is a debug or stub?

I too would very much like to see the reconstructing of the original folder structure. I am having a really difficult time with it the way it is, dumping files all into the same folder, or into the source folder. I am having to type in paths, so it really is not batch converting at this point.

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

• Renoir
                        • Jul 2004

In tag editing however, I cannot add new tag elements. I've tried several different angles, but clicking on 'add' makes a 'flicker' on the window, and that is all. I have files which say there are no existing tags (which is correct) and also files which have some but not all tags. In both cases, it won't add a tag element. There is also a button which just pops up a menu or something, saying "FIX ME". I'm thinking this is a debug or stub?
                        I've had the exact same thing. Can't add new tag element and had the fix me button.

Comment

• mgolden
                          • Dec 2006

I guess I should have added that my environment is XP SP2, Dell Inspiron 8600, 1GB RAM, 2.0GHz Pentium M.

Comment

• mgolden
                            • Dec 2006

Whoa, out of the blue, mouseover popups are working. Trying to reconstruct what if anything changed...., very cool (again). Ready to work on the rest now.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Renoir
                              I've had the exact same thing. Can't add new tag element and had the fix me button.
                              Right, I can't add tag elements, actually I have no tag elements at all for wma created with R12 for instance, but I didnt' notice that Fix me button either.

I'm in two minds whether I should go back to R11.5 or wait it out until it's all fixed. I installed R12 now mainly because I wanted to use the midi decoder codec. I'm happy it works, but I miss the other stuff. I haven't even tried yet to see what happens with cdgrab or auxiliary input.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Seems the add new tag is a bug, will fix shortly.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>