title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopinhauer
    • Oct 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Thanks LTdata. Yes, the deleting profiles method you suggests works and is easy. I should have discovered that myself. Oh well, thanks

Comment

• Raz
      • Nov 2006

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and would like to say what a brilliant application dbPowerAMP is - I'm using it to FLAC encode my CD collection at present.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (RTM version) on a separate partition on my PC, and thought you might be interested in my experiences. The public registered version of dbpowerAMP doesn't seem to work properly under Vista. The okay and cancel buttons on the filename/path editor didn't work, and the application dropped out as soon as it tried to access the CD for ripping.

I've therefore installed the latest beta today (very impressive!) which seems to run fine. I've noticed that after using dbPowerAMP, the DVD ROM has disappeared. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Raz

Comment

• Vulcan
        • Aug 2006

Spoon,
        I went ahead and reformatted. No more problems while using C2.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

> I've noticed that after using dbPowerAMP, the DVD ROM has disappeared. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Make sure the option to disable auto run is not checked.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Faw
            • Jun 2004

I have installed the alpha 8 version and the 'Convert to' and 'Edit id tags' are not showing on the context menus. I also installed the 11.5 version and they didn't show up either.

I'm using Windows Vista X86, so that may be the problem but I'm asking anyway. Anyone with Vista using either (11.5, alpha 8) and the context menu's show up?

PS: I enabled the option in the config program and rebooted and didn't worked.

Comment

• Raz
              • Nov 2006

Spoon,

Re: Autoplay
              It is enabled on my system, and the fault hasn't occured again. I suspect it may have been due to an audio CD that my DVDR can't read. I've currently got Vista set to start CDGrab as soon as an audio CD is inserted. Even if a copy of CDGrab is running, it will open up another copy. It might be worth setting the application up to detect if another copy is running.

Re: Tag Editing
              In File Explorer, the enhanced tag information is showing when I hover my mouse over a file, but I can't edit tags either.

I hope this is useful to your development efforts.

Raz

Comment

• brantfagan
                • Nov 2006

I've been testing alpha 8 and all is going well. However, I can't seem to get the multi-encoder and flac encoder to install properly so that they show up in the ripper? Are they compatible with this version of the ripper or am I missing something about the installation?

Thanks.

Brant

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

dMC r12 uses all new codecs. The only codecs available for it are on the same thread as the download link. There is a FLAC codec but not a Multi-encoder codec yet.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

For vista you would need the configuration program to have administrator rights, I have not tested vista yet, will be doing so later this month.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rudefyet
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                      For vista you would need the configuration program to have administrator rights, I have not tested vista yet, will be doing so later this month.
                      That's exactly right, just run the configuration program as administrator. (Right click on the shortcut and it'll be an option). Otherwise, the settings won't save correctly.

Other then that R12 works flawlessly in Vista x86 and x64 from my experience.

Comment

• Spies
                        • Aug 2006

I just tried dMC Beta 1 on a system running Windows XP with a Adaptec AHA-2930C SCSI card and a Plextor PX-32TS SCSI drive. This is the first time I tried dMC on this system. dMC reads the disc and retrieves the meta data OK but will not rip any track on any disc without error. The errors happen immediately after I hit the rip button. The disc does not even spin up. Any ideas?

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

What type of error, cd read error or program crash?
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spies
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                            What type of error, cd read error or program crash?
                            CD read error. It is almost as if the drive does not understand the command sent to it by dMC. I tried every combination of options I could think of. Burst, Secure with C2 on, Secure with C2 off, SCSI Pass Through, Windows Internal and ASPI. No matter what combination I try when I hit Rip I immediately receive the error "Unable to read CD, check CD disc" for every track. I have had no trouble with EAC and this system if that helps.

BTW Read command D8 is used with this drive in EAC.

OK, I may be on to something. I removed dMC R12 Beta 1 and installed dMC 11.5. I was only able to rip succesfully in dMC 11.5 by selecting Command Set Read Standard (SI). None of the other options worked.

I reinstalled dMC r12 Beta 1 and I do not see an option to set the Command Set.
                            Is there a way to choose the Command Set in dMC r12 Beta 1?
                            Last edited by Spies; 12-06-2006, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• DCBee
                              • Dec 2006

Hey Spoon,

I really like the dMC R12 ripper but AccurateRip hasn't been able to get a lock on the read offset for my Asus CD-S520\A5 CD Rom drive. Every time I put a key disc in the drive AccurateRip gives me a different number and says three more discs are required for a match but it never matches. Searching on the internet you'll find a few different read offsets for this drive, the most common being +1858 samples. EAC calculates it wrong to. In EAC I've always used the number I get from NeroCDSpeed which is +1842. The dMC R12 ripper works well with my drive but I'd rather not be ripping with such a large read offset uncorrected. Is it possible to set the read offset manually in the dMC R12 ripper? Thanks for all the hard work you've obviously done in developing such a sophisticated program. You the MAN.
                              DCBee

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

If the drive is not AccurateStream ie each time it is read from a different offset is given, then it cannot be used in AccurateRip.

@Spies

It must be quite old (your plextor), we have implemented MMC reading, that is any drive from the last 8 years would be compatible.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>