title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudeBoyz
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Originally posted by LtData
    Well, its not in the context menu, it is a separate program
    Oh - I thought you were saying that they were going to add a link to it in the Context menu so I could be at a folder and choose that option and have it convert from that folder downwards...

Would be a NIFTY feature, no?

Comment

• MedO
      • Nov 2006

Hi.
      Is there a way to prevent the CLI encoder from running multiple encoders on dualcore machines? I'm asking because some encoders (like Lancer's oggenc) already use multithreading, so running two of them is a waste of resources IMO.

Comment

• jgs2n
        • Nov 2006

Question about dmc R12

Is it possible to rip with R12 to wav and encode to flac and mp3 tracks at the same time. I know this is supported in the 11.5 but was wondering if it is possible in R12?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Re: Question about dmc R12

jgs2n: Not implemented in dMC r12 yet.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Re: Question about dmc R12

Medo: will put on wish list
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chacs
              • Oct 2006

Hi,

I'll like to say that dMC R12 *IS THE* cd ripping program I have being waiting for for a long time, I can't wait for it to release.

The reasons? unicode support in tags *and* filenames. It's not perfect, but it's closer than anything else I've tried out there.

I listen to music from many countries, so international tagging is more important to me than to say someone whom music collection is of only one language.

All (most?) tags supports UTF8/16, but the issue is that the freedb tags may NOT be true UTF8/16. The reply from freedb is a UTF string, but after decoding it to a Windows unicode wide-string, the resultant string encoding is *NOT* unicode but some native encoding such as BIG5 or GB2312. dMC (rightly) assume that the string is unicode, and the user gets gibblish on screen.

The ultamate fix is to correct the data on freedb database, but that may be a pipe dream (who, how?).

Meanwhile, I wrote a small proxy app to sit between dMC and freedb, in the proxy I can choose the encoding (e.g. BIG5), and the proxy will translate the reply from freedb from BIG5 into true UTF before feeding back to dMC.

This is working well but I would very much like to see it as a native dMC feature. It is not difficult to do at all, and I can provide more details and help if the developers are interested.

Which comes to my main point of this post, there is a bug in dMC in writing (at least FLAC) title tags. Sometimes, the last character of the title tag is truncated. I believe this only occurs with non english titles.

E.g. Assume a song titled XYZ.

When I rip that song (I use FLAC), the file name is correctly named XYZ.flac, but the title tag is XY (missing Z).

Again, it doesn't happen to every track, and only occasionally.

Sorry for such a long post. Thank you for reading.

-cs

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>Again, it doesn't happen to every track, and only occasionally.

Is it reproducable? and it should be for any audio format if it is the filename.

I have seen plenty of cds encoded in the local language profile, I take it your CDs were not in AMG?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chacs
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                  >Again, it doesn't happen to every track, and only occasionally.

Is it reproducable? and it should be for any audio format if it is the filename.

I have seen plenty of cds encoded in the local language profile, I take it your CDs were not in AMG?
                  Yes, it is reproducible, not random, always the same files.

The filename is correct, the title tag is truncated.

The CD is either not in AMG, or its in English in AMG instead of the native language.

Here is a test string in UTF8 (the final cr/lf is not showing)

TTITLE11=é˜¿è¾‰é¥²äº†ä¸€åªç ‹—

and the same string in hex:

0x54 0x54 0x49 0x54 0x4C 0x45 0x31 0x31 0x3D 0xE9 0x98 0xBF 0xE8 0xBE 0x89 0xE9 0xA5 0xB2 0xE4 0xBA 0x86 0xE4 0xB8 0x80 0xE5 0x8F 0xAA 0xE7 0x8B 0x97 0x0D 0x0A

Let me know if you need further help.

-cs
                  Last edited by chacs; November 09, 2006, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

>0x0D 0x0A

That is a \r\n why would you want it on the end of a tag?
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chacs
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                      >0x0D 0x0A

That is a \r\n why would you want it on the end of a tag?
                      The string is a reply from freedb:

TTITLEx=ABC
                      TTITLEy=XYZ

I just "simulate" the whole line (including the trailing \r\n)

-cs

Comment

• BobA
                        • Oct 2006

Hello, Spoon, Assistants, Users...

I just wanted, really, to say that I've been doing many cd extractions (about 40 or 50 discs) with a7, as I wanted to easily be able to put them in FLAC format. I have had no problems at all with the extractions. Most of the cds were brand new from the shrink wrap, so little chance of damage. I think it is going quite well, and I deeply appreciate the work which goes into this project, at such a low cost. I have been using dMC for at least a couple of years, and recommend it every chance I get. I'm looking forward for all of R12 to be complete. Most awaited, at this point, is for the FileSelector. But, I have two computers, networked, and am running r12a7 on one and r11.5 on the other, which is fine. I also have tried to support via two registrations of dMC and one of the cd-writer. I figured a 2nd was probably required for two computers. I hardly use the cd-writer.

Now a question: I wonder how much awareness there is of the (legal) trading of non-commercial music (mostly recordings of live concerts, by 'amateurs'). EAC is almost a requirement for extraction (although first shn, then flac, are being used more and more, so extraction is rarely needed). EAC began locking up on me quite a while ago, so I've been doing my extractions with CDGrab. The logs are great, for this. Secure extraction, as well. I was doing two extractions (one, test-only) and recording the crc for each to show they matched.

I guess I just wonder how much interest is in this group of users? And, what else might be done to support the special needs. I am working with a lot of jazz lately, and most of it only exists in audio cdrs right now.

And, I'm wordy. I may not get here often, though.

Thanks,

Bob
                        USA

Comment

• nn6
                          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by BobA
                          Hello, Spoon, Assistants, Users...

I just wanted, really, to say that I've been doing many cd extractions (about 40 or 50 discs) with a7, as I wanted to easily be able to put them in FLAC format. I have had no problems at all with the extractions. Most of the cds were brand new from the shrink wrap, so little chance of damage. I think it is going quite well, and I deeply appreciate the work which goes into this project, at such a low cost. I have been using dMC for at least a couple of years, and recommend it every chance I get. I'm looking forward for all of R12 to be complete. Most awaited, at this point, is for the FileSelector. But, I have two computers, networked, and am running r12a7 on one and r11.5 on the other, which is fine. I also have tried to support via two registrations of dMC and one of the cd-writer. I figured a 2nd was probably required for two computers. I hardly use the cd-writer.

Now a question: I wonder how much awareness there is of the (legal) trading of non-commercial music (mostly recordings of live concerts, by 'amateurs'). EAC is almost a requirement for extraction (although first shn, then flac, are being used more and more, so extraction is rarely needed). EAC began locking up on me quite a while ago, so I've been doing my extractions with CDGrab. The logs are great, for this. Secure extraction, as well. I was doing two extractions (one, test-only) and recording the crc for each to show they matched.

I guess I just wonder how much interest is in this group of users? And, what else might be done to support the special needs. I am working with a lot of jazz lately, and most of it only exists in audio cdrs right now.

And, I'm wordy. I may not get here often, though.

Thanks,

Bob
                          USA
                          I still end up using eac for that purpose even though I've been using dmc for many years. Most places where I trade require specific log files plus cue sheet. Does DMC do that? I'm not very high tech. I just plug in the settings in EAC that are shown and leave it that way. If DMC does those I'd like to know how so I can stick with one converter.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

In secure ripping options there are the options to write log files.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Eddi
                              • Nov 2006

CD Ripping to WMA Professional 10

I just tried out the beta because it supported the newest WMA codec, WMA Professional 10 .... I ripped an audio cd of Ace of Base ( Click here to go to my esnips account and listen to the songs) to the new codec @ 192kbps VBR 24BIT, 96Khz 2pass (i dont think cds have that high of a resoluiton, but i put those settings anyways :smile2: ) and it sounds REALLY GOOD... I think it was overkill, but i dunno... All I know is that I will keep on using this beta until the final version comes out! It is a really Awesome program u guys and I LOVE the fact that it supports this beautiful (to my ears :P) audio codec ....

Kudos to you all!

Eddi
                              Messenger: eddifun2006@hotmail.com

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

@Chacs

Do you have the freedb disc id? for one disc that has these problems.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>