title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

AMG meta data has stopped working.

Comment

• Spies
      • Aug 2006

How does dMC determine AMG meta data for the CD?
      The reason I ask is that dMC is not able to find the AMG meta data for most of the discs I try. Sometimes the data is for a different version of the CD. It seems to really have trouble with classical discs. I can find these discs on the AMG web site manually without any trouble. For a solution would it be possible to implement an option where the user points dMC to the AMG meta data web page for a CD when dMC is not able to find the AMG meta data on its own or when the data is incorrect?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

You can change the meta-data choice to freedb, if AMG does not work. You simply de-select AMG from the drop-down list and then click the meta button to try freedb.

Comment

• DudeBoyz
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2006

Right-Click (context sensitive) menu not appearing in my file manager like 11.5 did

Once I installed 11.5, an option showed up in the Right Click menu when I clicked it over a selected group of MP3's - it said CONVERT TO.

After uninstalling 11.5 and installing the Release 12 Alpha 7 program, that doesn't happen any more. So, it's less convenient.

I can start the app manually, navigate to the folder, select the files I want to process and go ahead and convert, but I got used to this helpful bit of functionality.

Is there some way to enable Right Mouse Click integration into this Alpha?

Thanks

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Re: Right-Click (context sensitive) menu not appearing in my file manager like 11.5 did

It is still an option in dMC Configuration on the "Music Converter" tab. Make sure it is enabled. If it is not, enable it and reboot.

Comment

• DudeBoyz
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2006

Re: Right-Click (context sensitive) menu not appearing in my file manager like 11.5 did

Originally posted by LtData
              It is still an option in dMC Configuration on the "Music Converter" tab. Make sure it is enabled. If it is not, enable it and reboot.
              I found it, and have tried enabling and disabling and re-enabling (with a boot in between each step) and for some reason it just isn't catching and showing up in the right-click menu when I right-click on an MP3.

BTW, the Alpha is intended to be installed after uninstalling 11.5, right? You are not supposed to have both installed, or install one over the other, right?

I had removed 11.5 prior to installing the 12 Alpha.

BTW, my machine is Dual Core (AMD FX 60) and this version seems to process things pretty fast, and not totally bog down the system, and I like that.

Edit: I uninstalled the 12 Alpha (it did not actually delete the install folder though, so I did that manually) and reinstalled 11.5, and it properly added the appropriate items to the right-click menu, so I'm thinking maybe it's not that my registry is corrupt, just a small bug in the Alpha.

Thanks for the reply - it really is appreciated. Very much indeed.
              Last edited by DudeBoyz; October 29, 2006, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• DudeBoyz
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Oct 2006

Request to see 8 bit or 16 BIT DEPTH status in the Summary / Info dialog

Right now, when I seek information about the file, I see that it lists:

Duration
                Bit Rate
                Channels
                Audio sampe rate

The bit rate is 32kbps, channels is 1 and audio sample rate is 22kHz for my spoken word old time radio and audio book files.

I'd also like to see the BIT DEPTH field shown - either 8 bit or 16 bit for example - or maybe 24 bit even.

I ask this because in my particular case, it is helpful to be able to see what bit depth so I know what to convert. 8 bit will pop and click on my mp3 player, but 16 bit will not, so I would like to be able to see what is what.

In fact, I'd like to be able to set Bit Depth in the settings too.

Thankfully, dBpowerAMP seems to do it at 16 bit depth, but I'm just trying to be sure.

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Re: Request to see 8 bit or 16 BIT DEPTH status in the Summary / Info dialog

@Dudeboyz

You must have turned off that Sample Size field in Configuration (although for mp3 sample size means nothing, as it can be 16, 24, 32 it is upto the decoder to decide).

Will look into the Convert To not configuring

----
                  >determine AMG meta data for the CD?

It sends a CD TOC to AMG.

@EliC try turning off C2

AMG seems to be down, will investigate.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• DudeBoyz
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Oct 2006

That Sample Size field - that is not an option in 11.5, right? Only the new 12 Alpha?

Thanks much.

BTW, none of the normal interface things seem to be working on either of the 2 systems I've tested on. Version 11.5 works as expected, but I can't seem to find any SAMPLE SIZE field there in 11.5.

But on those same two systems, with 11.5 the explorer interface thing pops up when you move the mouse over an MP3 file, and the right-click menu stuff works too.
                    Last edited by DudeBoyz; October 29, 2006, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Yes R12, install R11.5 then R12 over the top without uninstalling.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spies
                        • Aug 2006

Another strange thing I have noticed about AMG meta data. When dMC finds a disc in AMG that contains bonus tracks, only the non bonus tracks meta data is retrieved. The bonus tracks remain without meta data. I know the AMG meta data is available since I can find the complete track listing on the AMG web site manually. Why is dMC not retrieving the complete AMG meta data even for discs it finds?

Comment

• DudeBoyz
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                          Yes R12, install R11.5 then R12 over the top without uninstalling.
                          Thank you much.

I'm really looking forward to R12. I hope you are able to devote enough resources to help advance the release. Dual Core support is an outstanding addition, and would benefit users immensely.

Hope to see the right-click menu workin'. Maybe even allow a 3rd option that would say CONVERT ALL SUB FOLDERS too.

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

File Selector will do this after it is ported to dMC r12

Comment

• DudeBoyz
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Oct 2006

Awesome. Thanks. To have it listed right there on the RIGHT-CLICK context menu, along with the Convert To and Edit Tag will be way cool.

The more I use this thing, the more I like it.

Comment

• LtData
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • May 2004

Well, its not in the context menu, it is a separate program

Comment

Working...

]]>