title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • horrorbiz
    • Oct 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

After reading all the buzz about dMC R12, I am thinking of switching from EAC to finish archiving my (huge) CD collection in FLAC format.

Just one question I had...

Originally posted by Vulcan
    Album Art... Could you allow it to be saved in output folder as a jpg, instead of in the tags of the file?
    Originally posted by Spoon
    Album art will be as you ask.
    Is this true for the current alpha version?

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by EliC
      That being said, my 5224A is connected via a Promise ATA133 controller card and I cant find where the DMA settings would be.
      Would it be possible to try the drive connected to one of the mainboard ATA connectors instead? I've seen too many weird things happen with drives connected to the Promise ATA100 and ATA133 controllers in the past.

-brendan

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Folder.jpg will be in the next alpha (few days to a week).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gaillard
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Aug 2006

how about a like of jpegs or png's for album art. I know i scan all by books and such into like folder1.png, folder2.png etc...

great work spoon.

oh is there going to be a native wavpack encoder so we can keep track of cd TOC or always the CLI?

thanks!

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

There is a WavPack encoder for dMC r12 now.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Question for Spoon: What does "dBpowerAMP Reference" mean? I see it regarding dMC r12, but not what it means. Does it refer to the core converter part of dMC?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It is a new version, mainly aimed at businesses or the audio enthusiast.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bill41
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Nov 2004

>Fix mp3 decoder for corrupted freeformat files (was loosing sync and never picking it up again)<

Spoon,
                  Looks like you finally solved this problem in r12a7.
                  Thanks
                  Bill

Comment

• MaDxCrEaM
                    • Oct 2006

Just curious, I tried to browse through and read everything, if anyone has suggested about being able to rip to multiple formats at the same time instead of having to use something like mareo to do this.

Something like set up profiles for flac and mp3, choose rip folders and settings, then you are able to select both to rip too.

Hope you understand.

I did see someone already asked about being able to create cue sheets also. This is still going to happen?

Comment

• heavensblade23
                      • Oct 2006

Can you some different options for tag formatting? At the very least I would like to see the capitalize tags option that EAC has added. Even better word be to add options like "Capitalize All" "Capitalize None" and "Capitalize First Word".

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

If the "Multi-Encoder" is ported over, it will do this. However, I do not know if this is planned or not.

Yes, cue sheets are still going to happen, just haven't been implemented yet.

Comment

• flinchlock
                          • Oct 2006

I am testing dMC-r12-alpha7.exe, and it is confused about my BenQ DW1655 DVD ReWriter while doing
                          "Configuring Secure Ripper > Drive Read Cache > Detect".

2 MB does not equal "no cache".

The very first time I tried to detect, I swore it said something like: "Yes, 15188 = 15188. Now I'll try to determine the cache size."

But, now, evertime I try, it always says NO-CACHE.

Mike

P.S. GREAT product!! :D

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

Note that the 2MB is referred to as a "buffer" not cache. Here's what wikipedia says:
                            Originally posted by Wikipedia.org
                            The difference between buffers and cache

The terms are not mutually exclusive, and the functions are frequently combined, but there is a difference in intent. A buffer is a temporary storage location where a large block of data is assembled or disassembled. This may be necessary for interacting with a storage device that requires large blocks of data, or when data must be delivered in a different order than that in which it is produced, or merely desirable when small blocks are inefficient. The benefit is present even if the bufferend data is written to the buffer once and read from the buffer once.

A cache, on the other hand, hopes that the data will be read from the cache more often than it is written there. Its purpose is to eliminate accesses to the underlying storage, rather than make them more efficient.

Comment

• flinchlock
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LtData
                              Note that the 2MB is referred to as a "buffer" not cache. Here's what wikipedia says:
                              Well, it never crossed my mind there was a difference. Good thing you (the experts) do!

Update: I am testing dMC-r12-alpha7.exe, and I AM confused about my BenQ DW1655 DVD ReWriter while doing "Configuring Secure Ripper > Drive Read Cache > Detect". :o :o

Mike
                              Last edited by flinchlock; 10-17-2006, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Cue sheets yes, a little while yet.

Multi encoder will be ported over (it is easier to implement with r12 as everything is cli based).

>Can you some different options for tag formatting?

Using AMG as the data source (which is professionally vetted) this should not be required, unless I am mistaken?

----------

About the cache detection, make sure the cd is pristine without scratches and no other program is running (even media players).
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>