title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

duplicate files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beastieboy
    • Oct 2005

duplicate files

I have been converting a large number of files at a time. I posted a similar thread on the beta flac 5.3, but wanted to open a new thread. dbpoweramp made alot of progress through most of the files, but quit a little after 6,000. I know this is too large of a number, and have since reduced the number of files in the conversion process at one time. I have to go back and complete the songs that were missed in some folders. Spoon posted a reply stating "There is an option (Power Pack) on the overwrite page 'No to All' that will skip all existing files." I have looked for this option to no avail. I can not find any overwrite page or No to All anywhere, even the Power Pack menu. Please be more descriptive about where to find this function. I do not want to have to convert the entire folders again for some 2500 songs out for 25000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: duplicate files

Whenever you start to convert, it should say "File Already exists, overwrite? Yes No Rename" in a pop-up window. Mabye try this on a few files to start with that you know are already converted?

Comment

• xoas
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2002

Before proceding with your project, you might also want to scan your files that you have converted for any that have unusually small file sizes (say 0 to 4 kb). When dMC fails to convert a file it may fail only after creating a shell which is not playable but will be assumed by dMC to be a complete file (in the sense it would not be over-written-per your request not to overwrite existing files, even though you cannot do anything else with it). Delete any such files you might find before going back and re-converting your files from your Tera Pro.

Best wishes,
      Bill

Comment

• beastieboy
        • Oct 2005

Thanks for your help guys. The overwrite page came up just as expected and prompted me to select which files to overwrite. That went well, but... to the next problem. When I selct the folder and select convert to, the next window comes up to start the conversion, and it is telling me that there are 7773 files to convert. I click on convert, the overwrite page comes up and I select No to All. Then the conversion process is at 100% in 0 sec. this is telling me that no files were converted. However, the number of files in the convert to folder is 6879. So, ther are definately files that it sees and says it is going to convert, but it doesn't complete the job. Why is this, and how do I get it to convert the remaining 894 songs?

Comment

• dbample
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by beastieboy
          When I selct the folder and select convert to, the next window comes up to start the conversion, and it is telling me that there are 7773 files to convert. I click on convert, the overwrite page comes up and I select No to All. Then the conversion process is at 100% in 0 sec. this is telling me that no files were converted. However, the number of files in the convert to folder is 6879. So, ther are definately files that it sees and says it is going to convert, but it doesn't complete the job. Why is this, and how do I get it to convert the remaining 894 songs?
          Try to repeat the same process, but with less than 6000 songs at a time, since this might be related to your initial problem from your first post in this thread. If you do this with less than 6000 songs, do you get the same problem, and what is the discrepancy, if any, between the files in the "convert-to" folder and the files to convert?

Comment

Working...

]]>