title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music collection 'New track lookout' broken?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GSV3MiaC
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2005

Music collection 'New track lookout' broken?

Doesn't seem to work for me. Adding tracks from the CD ripper works, and adding tracks by manually adding a folder or file (in my music collection) works, but setting up for 'new track lookout' appears to do nothing, no matter how I try to force it.

Maybe I'm just confused about how it's supposed to work??
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Music collection 'New track lookout' broken?

How have you set it up to work?

I have it set up to load new tracks from a particular folder whenever dAP starts which works for me.

Wayne

Comment

• GSV3MiaC
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2005

I have it set to 'X minutes' and I really run it by hitting 'schedule now'. Actually it does seem to =eventually= run, but it takes an age (I guess it runs at 'low' or 'idle' priority, and I have a ton of tasks on my system squabbling over spare cycles).

Comment

• GSV3MiaC
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2005

OK, I think I've figured out my problem - adding new tracks really doesn't happen until you actually run DBPowerAmp. Running 'music collection' doesn't count (although IMO it ought to). You have to actually run the dbpoweramp application before any 'queued up' add new tracks happens.

Oh well, live and learn. I still think it's wrong ...

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

Why would you want the option to work when running MMC especially as it has options to manually load tracks.

I think the idea is that you are more likely to be running dAP and that is why it searches on start up. Though I do wish that MMC didn't have to start up to load new tracks.

Wayne

Comment

• GSV3MiaC
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Wayne
            Why would you want the option to work when running MMC especially as it has options to manually load tracks.

Wayne
            To do it AUTOMATICALLY I guess .. having told it where to look (for future reference) I can tell it 'and please look now', but nothing actually happens until you run DBPoweramp.

Comment

Working...

]]>