title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Editor and Ogg files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEmerton
    • Dec 2004

Editor and Ogg files

Every so oftern when I double click on an ogg file (as opposed to using editor), it is loaded as a music colection file not as a music file.

This has got VERY annoying as I have to change the registry entry to re-point to the correct MMC file, not this ogg file.

This appears to be a bug in 3.4 as well as 3.6, as I reverted back to that.

Any ideas?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Editor and Ogg files

Loaded into what? Version 3.4 and 3.6 of what?

Comment

• MEmerton
      • Dec 2004

ok lets clarify, I did a crap job of that before

DBPowerAMP release 3.6

Double clicking on an ogg file on my desktop (any type - but only intermittantly),
      causes the filepath to be placed in this registry entry: ActiveMusicCollection

Here Is What It May Read:

ActiveMusicCollection : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\01 - The Dolphins.ogg

And it should read:

ActiveMusicCollection : M:\Server Collection.mcc

This takes immediat effect, and causes Editor.exe to crash out with a memory read error.

You can see the player Window flashing what I presume is the ogg code in the track's title area as it attempts to find a playerbal location -- which I presume there isn't any in the ogg file, as it is expecting to read the MCC file.

Due to some weird DBPoweramp thing, I have to boot my PC before I can re-load the crashed applications.

obviously I have had to find this registry entry, as un-installing and re-installing causes these entries to be kept....perhapps we could have the choice to completely remove any trace of this app, for problems like this?

This also only happends on Ogg files? and seeing as this is all I have :@) its a bit of a problem.

I love the ogg codec, I can push all files to 64KB rate :P for my Yepp T6 player and can store about 200-300 tracks on it :@P (its only 512 Megs)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Very odd, I have not heard of this before and cannot think what it might be, no one else has ever had this?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MEmerton
          • Dec 2004

it now appear to be happening all the time, and only if I double click on them,

If I use right click > play in DAP it works fine.

and the file association is to DBPowerAMP

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you look in dAP File Associations what is the double click action set to?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>