title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DB Power Amp Beta 6 and DSP Effect 48 khz resample

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jnhvac
    • Mar 2005

DB Power Amp Beta 6 and DSP Effect 48 khz resample

Does the 48khz resample DSP Effect for Soundblaster audigy soundcards work on all settings. Does it work with 96 khz 24 bit files as well as 44.1 khz 16 bit files?

What I do notice is it appears to improve bass response and smooth out the sound.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: DB Power Amp Beta 6 and DSP Effect 48 khz resample

There is a separate DSP for 24-bit files. Find it here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp-dsp.htm

Edit: wrong DSP, this UPSAMPLES the file to 22-bits.
    Last edited by LtData; March 17, 2005, 05:02 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

For 96KHz you shouldn't need it as your sound card can handle them natively without problems.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jnhvac
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
        For 96KHz you shouldn't need it as your sound card can handle them natively without problems.
        So the DSP is only for 44.1 16 bit files??
        I thought the SB Audigigy card resampled everything including 96khz files to 48 16 bit and back again and there lies the problem. Or am I missing something here.

Comment

• jnhvac
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LtData
          There is a separate DSP for 24-bit files. Find it here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dbpoweramp-dsp.htm

I thought the 24 bit DSP was only to expand 16 bit files to 22 or 23 bit for use with the equalizer.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Originally posted by jnhvac
            I thought the 24 bit DSP was only to expand 16 bit files to 22 or 23 bit for use with the equalizer.
            Right, my bad. I didn't read the description of the plugin.

Comment

• jnhvac
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Spoon

anyone have any comments on this. I thought the only native to a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card was 48khz / 16 bit, as everything including 96khz / 24 bit, and 44.1khz / 16 bit is dithered to 48/16, then again to 48/32, then back again due to the control panel.

Am I wrong here as the above post suggests this does not happen on the higher rate files.

Or is the 48khz resample DSP just because the Sound Blaster does such a lousy job dithering to 44.1 khz/ 16 bit, and it does an O.K. job on dithering 96 khz / 24 bit files.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Originally posted by jnhvac
                Or is the 48khz resample DSP just because the Sound Blaster does such a lousy job dithering to 44.1 khz/ 16 bit, and it does an O.K. job on dithering 96 khz / 24 bit files.
                I think the 48Khz resample DSP is to make up for the lacking frequency conversion the Sound Blaster does for 44.1Khz files.
                the problem is its routines are not top notch. This resampler is as good as it gets, the only down side is it takes 50% of an 800 MHZ processor to work...

Comment

Working...

]]>