title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ipod flac to mp4 crash

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jliddil
    • Jun 2004

ipod flac to mp4 crash

New ipod, 40 gig.
    DMC release 11
    Sveta Release 5 beta 6, apple ipod Release 5.
    FLAC Release 4.2
    FAAC mp4 Release 1 (libfaac v1.23.5)
    windows XP Pro SP1

When I attempt to convert the flac files to mp4 the conversion gets about 95% done and then crashes. I can convert to mp3 LAME.

I prefer to have this work and not beta test at this time. What configuration can I use to convert the flac to mp4 and get them on my ipod?

Jim
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ipod flac to mp4 crash

Try converting to Mp4 from flac without using anything ipod related, does that crash also?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jliddil
      • Jun 2004

I did a complete uninstall of all DMC products, files and codecs. I reinstalled DMC 11 and sveta 4. I can convert to mp4 but when I do the transfer to the ipod "as is" format sveta crashes.

Comment

• jliddil
        • Jun 2004

I put sveta 4 with the stable ipod codecs and things work except truncating of track titles.

Jim

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you could send one of the mp4 files to:

Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jliddil
            • Jun 2004

OK stupid user tricks. I installed sveta and then installed DMC 11 not realizing that DMC is in Sveta (RTFM). So I have sveta beta working but now I have a new issue. I had done a bunch of transfers with sveta 4 and I had it set to make folders in the ipod_control directory. Now with sveta 5 it makes playlists in the root directory. In sveta when I go to playlists I only see the playllists in the ipod_control directory. I can not see the sveta 5 created playlists in sveta. I can see the folders under the data file tab and I can see the files added via sveta 5 under the other tabs just not playlists. I did a search for lost files to see ig that would correct things. So what do I do to correct this besides using explorer to manually move the folders into ipdo_control?

Jim

Comment

• jliddil
              • Jun 2004

Another odd thing. I uncheck the Audio Arrangement radio button and the files get put in seperate directories under ipod_control/music/F01 etc for each song. So for an labum I ended up with 10 directories under/music one for each song. On the ipod itself everything looks fine and is arranged by artist, album etc.

Jim

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>So for an labum I ended up with 10

That is how iTunes does it.

>I can not see the sveta 5 created playlists in sveta.

The ipod only has playlists in its database, you shouldn't be able to see them.

The mp4 file you sent to me, you can now transfer to the iPod?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jliddil
                  • Jun 2004

I can now do transfers to my ipod. I did a complete uninstall of all Illustrate stuff and striped the registry of all Illustrate and db entries. Installed sveta 5 beta and then DMC 11. Odd thing is when I go into DMC config it shows version 10.1

On the play list issue undet sveta 4 I ended up with "playlists" that I can see suing the playlist function in sveta 5. With the music I transfered to my ipod via sveta 5 I chcek the radio button and ended up with directories that I can not see under the playlist tab. So how can I see the directories via playlists? Do I drag and drop them to the same sub directory that sveta 4 created them in?

For example in sveta 4 in ipod_control I have a directory Santana Shaman. In Sveta 5 I see this as a playlist.

With sveta 5 I checked the radio button and ended up with a directory that only shows in the Data file tab "Santana Shaman"

So sveta 4 created playlists that shwo in sveta 5. Is playlist creation in sveta 5 a totalyy manual process now?

BTW despite all this I think the software is great and I actually registered DMC powerpack and then registered Sveta.

Jim

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

I think there might be a confusion between playlists and general organizing. It is possible to rename files on the iPod so instead of \F2\945r48945.mp4 you get \Some Artist\SomeTrack.mp4

Even though there are folders, these are not playlists (the old Sveta 4 used to show playlists as folders, that was just a 'hack' until specific support for playlists was built in, as now is in Sveta 5).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>