title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpowerAMP-r3-beta6 bugs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ian-c
    • Dec 2004

dBpowerAMP-r3-beta6 bugs

hi.
    i am using the latest beta player in order to take advantage of the 24-bit dsp.

bug #1 - some mp3's do not advance past the end of the song. ape files and other mp3's do not advance properly. as you watch time elapse, the clock counter for a 3 minute song will proceed as follows:

:01, 3:00, :02, 3:00, :03, 3:00, :04 ...

there is a distortion that occurs as playback jumps to the end and back, which seems worse with mp3 files than apes, but happens with both. playback settings are: gapless, 1 mSec; waveout; 24-bit was on when this was occuring. this was happening with beta 4 and beta 6.

bug #2 - can not export my collection. it is 9500 tracks, apes and mp3s, mostly apes. editor.exe pegs the cpu at 90+% and i eventually have to kill it. after killing it mmc won't open without logging out.

other stuff - dmc 11, powerpack, monkeys v7, lame 3.96.1

thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dBpowerAMP-r3-beta6 bugs

HAve you tried leaving editor to export, it could take awhile. If you switch 24 bit off does everything work ok?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ian-c
      • Dec 2004

everything works fine without the 24-bit dsp. also, the 24-bit dsp only comes close to working with wave out, directx is a disaster, playback at doubletime at best. with wave out at least some files will play. i have a revolution 7.1 soundcard, and i re-installed the card and drivers last night to eliminate that as a problem.

export dies if i just let it run. i am trying to export to a file and i never get the dialog to pick an output file name. i have also tried exporting to the clipboard but that doesn't work either. i used export a good deal, and it was always a really quick process, it is only with this latest beta that it is not working properly.

some additional info on export. i created a new library with a very small number of tracks - ~30 - and was able to export. i then tried somewhat systematically reducing the size of the original library. first i removed files to get below 9500 but that didn't help. i then removed so there were fewer than 9000, with the same results. even with 4500 tracks it dies, and i did this by creating a new library, rather than reducing the size of the original. i guess one last good test would be to increase the size of the file until i can't export, but that will have to wait.

in an unrelated item, a feature i would like to see is for dmc to allow me to choose from a list of artists that exist in my music collection, much like edit tag works now. this way, when ripping a new cd, i don't have to go to my collection to ensure i use the same name as i did previously. this would enable one to avoid having two artists defined - "b-movie" and "b movie".

as always, thanks for your help and attention.
      Last edited by ian-c; December 12, 2004, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is likely it is one file that is stopping the export, something in the ID Tag. If you can track down the file then I can reproduce the problem.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ian-c
          • Dec 2004

i transferred my mmc file to my work pc where i have amp-r2 running and i was able to export the entire file without a problem. i still have the beta 4 .exe so maybe i will re-install that and see if i get an error on that one.

the tests i was running to isolate a bad tag were not helping to identify one. my music files are spread roughly 50/50 across two volumes and when i created a test collection from either volume i was receiving the error.

i'll continue to update as i have more results.
          Last edited by ian-c; December 15, 2004, 02:28 AM.

Comment

• sdkeexxx
            • Dec 2004

The volums slider seems to behave differently for 24bit encoded APE files than for 16bit ones. For 16 bit files it is possible to go from zero volume to full volume using the volume slider. For 24 bit encoded files, the volume slider affects the volume, but even the minimum volume (or even muted) still plays quite loudly.

Scott

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Could it be your sound card drivers, off the top of my head, I didn't think I did volume anywhere in the program, it is the sound card.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>