title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

m3u's from web don't play

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lewis_Levin
    • Dec 2004

m3u's from web don't play

Using emusic, I try to play their 30 sec free samples. This requires opening an m3u that plays a fragment of a song. These queue up in Player R3 beta 6 but won't play.

When I associate m3u's with Windows Media Player they play fine--so there is nothing wrong with the playlist or the rather long pathname to the strange location on emusic's server where the file containing the 30 sec sample is stored.

Do you know what the problem could be?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: m3u's from web don't play

Originally posted by Lewis_Levin
    Using emusic, I try to play their 30 sec free samples. This requires opening an m3u that plays a fragment of a song. These queue up in Player R3 beta 6 but won't play.

When I associate m3u's with Windows Media Player they play fine--so there is nothing wrong with the playlist or the rather long pathname to the strange location on emusic's server where the file containing the 30 sec sample is stored.

Do you know what the problem could be?
    dAP doesn't do streaming off the web I seem to recall.

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

yes your out of luck for any live streaming for now.

Comment

• Lewis_Levin
        • Dec 2004

IT doesn't appear to be streaming at first. The M3U is downloaded to your machine.

Are you saying that the actual mp3 that is referenced by the playlist is streamed?

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Lewis_Levin
          IT doesn't appear to be streaming at first. The M3U is downloaded to your machine.

Are you saying that the actual mp3 that is referenced by the playlist is streamed?
          An m3u file is a a meta-file that acts as a playlist for mp3 files stored on one's own computer or to pseudo-stream mp3 files from the web. http://www.automaticpilot.org/mp3s/stream.html

Comment

• Lewis_Levin
            • Dec 2004

That's clearly it. Emusic has reasonable policies, but they don't want you to be able to download even with 30 sec trials.

I can't defend a request to add streaming. I am sure there are higher priority features.

Case closed.

Comment

Working...

]]>