title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

I think I ran into a bug installing dMC beta 3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

I think I ran into a bug installing dMC beta 3

Right after installing dMC beta 3, where you click Finish, the installation window froze and I had to cancel from the Task manager.

I don't know if it is in any way related to the fact that it first had to uninstall the regular version of dMC.

I am using W 2K Pro with al the latest service packs and patches and updates.

Despite the installation seemingly not ending normally, the program appears to work OK.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: I think I ran into a bug installing dMC beta 3

Try again, both ways (don't uninstall) then uninstall when it asks, does it freeze again?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JVILLAS
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2002

Hi , my dmc update installed without a hitch (xp sp1)

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
        Try again, both ways (don't uninstall) then uninstall when it asks, does it freeze again?
        Ok, I uninstalled from Control panel, Installed dMC V 9 (which I'd had before) and installed beta 3 on top of it. Did that twice, with and without letting it uninstall v9 first (unistaled beta 3, reinstalled v9 in between). It worked. I did this 3-4 times, no problems. Also tried it with V 10 (in case I'd updated it previously and couldn't remember) - same results - it all worked wonderfully.

Perhaps yesterday I had one of those inexplicable transient Windows senior moments

Sorry to have made a fuss :p

So hereby I declare: [COLOR=Magenta]THERE'S NO PROBLEM WITH INSTALLING BETA 3![/COLOR] :D

Comment

Working...

]]>