title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sveta Beta Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rledford
    • Feb 2005

Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

I have been using Sveta and Dmc converter for a couple of weeks. I am sorry for all the nembie type questions. The documentation is confusing to me in certain places.

In my DMC Configuration Window, I have the following

Advanced Audio Coding (CLI)...........Release 4[AACEnc v2] [.aac]

AAC Decoder................................Release 2 [Faad v2.0] .aac

For my purpose, can I assume that these are identical and the ones to be using for encoding and decoding?

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Originally posted by rledford

It looks like the (CLI) codec is for encoding, and the AAC Decoder is for decoding. Yes, you need to keep both of them.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

In my DMC Configuration Window, I have the following

You have both - if it shows a popup info for any file then you have the decoder. For an ipod though you cannot have .aac files - they have to be .mp4 or .m4a
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• five12dude
          • Apr 2005

Running this beta with the Nike psa[play driver

Comment

• kelleyar
            • Apr 2005

have downloaded latest sveta beta for use with Phillips Hdd 120/70.
            Will post comments as they occur.
            Regards Alan

Comment

• phate
              • Apr 2005

Hi,

I'm using the Sveta beta with my iPod Clickwheel 20GB, and the newest drivers.
              Basically it is working quite well.
              I'd like to see though, an option to auto-create playlists from subfolders when i send an entire folder to the iPod.
              Would that be a possibility?

[edit]
              and how about the possibility to synchronise (a) folder(s)?
              Last edited by phate; 04-23-2005, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

All planned, but is quite far away from being implemented.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hoodmeister
                  • Nov 2004

Just about to try Sveta beta 6 with the PPC driver...

Can't wait to see how it works, I tried Sveta with the generic removeable device driver for my PDA a while ago... It was far too messy a way of doing things - but I could see vast potential there... Here's to hoping I have more luck with this :D

Comment

• Hoodmeister
                    • Nov 2004

Ah, a problem... My powerpack trial has expired, therefore I can't try out the PPC driver :'(

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

See here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7731

Comment

• Hoodmeister
                        • Nov 2004

Excellent!

Well, that got it working... But it's only showing me the PPC RAM - whereas I want access to the BIS / storage cards :'(

The "viewing" drop down box only has the internal memory available - any ideas?

Comment

• ajkilner
                          • Jun 2005

I've not yet started to test with a Mio 168 pocket pc but hope fully by tomorro I'll be starting. :D

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

>whereas I want access to the BIS / storage cards :'(

What is the exact name of the storage card (as apears in explorer?)
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Caspar
                              • Jun 2005

Re: Sveta Beta Discussions - Sveta On Phil's HDD120

I've been testing SvetaPA with my Philips HDD120 for quite a long time now; it is so much better then Phillips' DMM (I think everybody agrees on that). Especially the support for ID3 V2 is a great benefit of using Sveta.

I haven't had any major problems with Sveta yet, but I have two lists for you: a list of small problems and a wishlist. Here comes the first one:
                              * Sveta deletes special chars (á,à,é,è etc.) in the ID3-tag on importing (transferring form PC to HDD), though I can add these chars in the 'edit tag'-box afterwards (and my HDD displays them as well).

* while sending playlist file, the popup keeps getting refreshed but the main window looks like the program has crashed as soon as you focus on another app (you can't refocus on dBpowerAMP too)

* It's quite annoying that the whole of my screen is refreshing when changing tabs (my WinXP desktop gets refreshed too, which takes a long time when using ActiveDesktop)

* The whole tab-changing is quite slow

* In artist-view, when track title is longer than the Title-column, is goes a few pixels over the Genre-column (which hides the Genres)

* In playlists, moving items up and down has no use: the HDD displays them in the same order as before (sorry: someone else noted that before)

* In data files, it removes extensions from files (which I would like an option for) but it also removes 'extensions' from directories (I sometimes make backups of the folder 'files', and call them files.bak, files.bak2, files.bak3, but Sveta shows all of them as 'file'
                              And now for the wish-list:
                              * When adding a .m3u playlist, it automatically adds the file stated in the m3u-file, but I would rather like it to check whether the file is already present, and just refer to the existing file if it already exists (to prevent duplicate audio-files in my player). I know it has three options in options menu to 'add tracks and create playlist', 'add tracks from playlist' and 'copy playlist'. The last one just copies the file but should create the playlist on the player (at least I would like it to).

* I would like an option to remove duplicate files, and one to not add files that are already present. Give user the option to compare on filename (when user has edited the tags on his PC) or ID3-tags & filesize (when user has changed the filename or recompressed the audio) - This would be something like a 'synchronize-function'

* while deleting a large amount of files, two messages flash repeatedly in the infobox (the bottom-left corner of the screen), so instead of giving me vital information, the infobox starts to annoy me

* When selecting multiple files, rightclicking and choosing 'play', it only plays the one I clicked on, instead of playing them all

* I would like to have a 'cut' or 'copy' option in Sveta Explorer so I could copy files from and to it using Sveta and MS Explorer

* It would be very nice to have something like a tree-selection, i.e. first choose an artist from the artist-tab, then show only one of his albums (like on my HDD)
                              So, that's about it. I hope you can use it. (Otherwise: sorry for spoiling your bandwidth :o )

Regards,

Caspar.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Re: Sveta Beta Discussions - Sveta On Phil's HDD120

>* Sveta deletes special chars (á,à,é,è etc.)

Yes, certain firmwares of the hdd these chars would mess-up the player.

Thanks for your input

>* In playlists, moving items up and down has no use: the HDD displays them in the
                                > same order as before (sorry: someone else noted that before)

This is a bug with Sveta, a new version soon.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>