title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sveta Beta Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nigel
    • Dec 2003

Composer tag?

I've installed Sveta 5b6 along with the new Ipod driver (I have a generation 2 ipod; my machine is running Windows ME).

Is there any chance of the composer tag being supported? Currently Sveta successfully gets this tag into the ipod's database, but "Edit Tag" doesn't show it, and there's no tab along the top to display tracks sorted by composer.

Maybe I am the only Sveta user to listen to classical music on my ipod, but to me it really matters who wrote a piece of music! The artist is interesting too, but the only sensible way to search a list of classical music is by composer.

Even if this support isn't on the cards, the rest of the program is still great. (As is release 11 of the converter program.)

Thanks for any help!

Nigel

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Composer tag?

I will note it as a request.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Flynike
        • Feb 2005

Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

Hi.

I have installed Beta 5 Version 6, along with the new beta compatible driver for the Bantam 1000. The program worked wonderfully well for a day. Very, very nice, especially when compared to the alternative.

However
        , I was so happy with it that I uninstalled the jerkware that came with the player, and then shortly after that, my problem manifested itself.

Basically, Sveta, when I bring it up, is only registering or reading one of the partitions on my main computer, a 10 GB data drive. I can't figure out how to get it to read the Bantam any more. The Bantam shows up on IE (6, AMD 2800+ CPU, running XP SP2) as a drive, and I can write to and from it. But I can't get Sveta to find it.

I don't remember right now, but there is a location in the program that allows you to manually direct the program to the device. There is a little glitch there, because it refers to manually directing the program to the Phillips device, but I assumed that it was really referring to the Bantam. It warns you to let it try it automatically first.

Anyway, I directed it to the Drive letter that the Bantam had appropriated on my Windows Explorer tree, but that didn't do any good. I uninstalled the driver, and the program, and reinstalled both, that didn't do anything either.

Looking forward to your advice, because I know it worked once, and once it gets pointed correctly at the Bantam again, it is a terriffic program.

Here is something else I discovered while it was working: I had set it up to transfer files and convert to MP3 via the LAME protocol. Then I went to transfer a book on tape, with a zillion files already in mp3. It converted them! I stopped it, told it to transfer files without changing them, and then transferred. Turns out the bitrate of the book on tape files was very low, just 56bps (or whatever the units are), and the converter was changing it to 192 bps. And, as far as I can tell, there is nothing to be gained from that, right?

Thanks for this great program!

Flynike
        Last edited by Flynike; 02-19-2005, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Did you backup the files from the Bantam to that hard drive? the way Sveta detects the bantam is to find the first occurance of:

System\DATA\BANTAM.HDR

Also in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\S veta\BantamBA1000

is LastFoundiPod this is the last drive the bantam was found on (and is searched first)
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Flynike
            • Feb 2005

Hi, Spoon.

No, I didn't copy the Bantam directory to that drive.

I used regedit (very nervously) to see what you just told me about. There are two Bantam folders under Sveta, first, BantamBA1000 (no space) and Bantam BA100 (space), and ff. Under BantamBA1000, towards the end of a very long list, I see dMC-Sveta-LastExpDrive then REG_SZ and then D:\, which is the drive that is showing up. Two spaces down, the last entry in that long list, is UsingStorageExp then REG_SZ then Internal Drive {10.48 GB] which is the size of the data drive and what is being reported when I run Sveta.

Under Bantam BA1000, I find a much shorter list, Second on it is LastFoundiPod then REG_SZ then D:\, and next ManualPath then REG_SZ then G:\ which is what the Bantam really becomes when it is usb'd to the computer. That is the value I have put in, and which I wish would over ride the D:\.

So, I am too timid to try to change the registy until you tell me what to do. Do I just change that D:\ to G:\?

Do I have to change anything in that first Bantam folder with the entries I first mentioned above? How do I change it, just highlight the value I want to change, and type over it, or is there another way? I have never tried to change anything in the registry before, I always figured the sky would fall or something, if I did.

Thanks for your help. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled a number of times, hoping that might help, both program and driver, but it never did.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Flynike
              • Feb 2005

Hi, again.

Well, I read your post again. I did a computer wide search for the file Bantam.hdr but didn't find it on the computer anywhere.

Then I got really brave and changed D to G in the lastfoundipod reference in the registry. Then I tried it, and it worked! Just fine!

But, as soon as I closed out the program, and then unplugged the bantam, and then plugged it back in, and restarted Sveta again, there it was in 10GB Drive D. So after I changed the value, Sveta looked into the Bantam correctly the first time, but after things were turned off, unconnected, reconnected and turned on again, it was back to looking into the data drive on the computer.

So, I guess that I have to be doing something more. Any idea what?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

If you open Sveta Explorer (bantam icon on desktop), click 'Options' and 'Advanced Settings for Bantam'), make sure the manual specified drive location is off (unchecked).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Flynike
                  • Feb 2005

hi. yep, it is blank.

I think I have a workable technique now. I can't open sveta until I have the bantam plugged into the computer and online. Then if I have recently changed the D to G in the registry, it will come up within bantam. And then if I close sveta before i disconnect the bantam, and reconnect the bantam before i again turn on sveta, I am ok. But if I open sveta without having the bantam hooked up to the computer, then it reads d drive, no matter what. Darn.

Oh well, as long as I am careful to remember the right order in which to do things, I should be ok. And if I mess up, at least I now know how to fix it.

thanks spoon.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

I will mark that as a bug to be fixed.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• maxgeek
                      • Feb 2005

Can't find Rio Cali 256 MSC (brand new, 2.43 firmware) using Sveta Add Device utility.

I installed Sveta r5b6 and the SvetaRioEvo driver (from the beta thread ). Each time I run the Add Device utility, I receive a no devices found message. I tried uninstalling the driver under the assumption that since it's an MSC device, maybe the generic option would work. Same result.

I have a 256 SD card for it, and I removed it, as well, just to rule out variables, again, same result.

I finally tried Sveta r4, again with and without the driver, same result.

Oddly enough, I've had this same experience on both my desktop and laptop (didn't try r4 on the desktop, though). The laptop is brand-spanking new (just got it this weekend, formatted, installed XP Pro SP2, etc.) and this is a first time install of Sveta.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? I have zero experience with Sveta, so I'm willing to believe it's me.

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

For that player you need the 'Sveta Removable Device Driver'
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sianna26
                          • Dec 2004

which codec will be the best

db converter won't convert certain songs what codec do I need that migh help :blush: Sianna

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

Re: which codec will be the best

Originally posted by sianna26
                            db converter won't convert certain songs what codec do I need that migh help :blush: Sianna
                            Please ask this question in the forum for dMC itself: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Comment

• snicka
                              • Feb 2005

Hello, Just downloaded this software and am initially impressed. One problem though, Using the "Rename files copied from portable" setting doesn't seem to rename the files aside from the initial value of "[artist] - [track]". Changing this setting doesn't seem to affect the name of the file. Windows XP SP2 with a Rio Karma with 1.68 firmware.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Are you using the Beta Sveta version and the beta version of the Rio Evo (I know it needs the latter also, although I might have not implemented it in the Rio Evo driver just yet).
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>