title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sveta Beta Discussions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djmook
    • Jul 2005

Re: Sveta Beta Discussions

The new version of Itunes creates a special playlist called Podcasts.

Sveta is converting this special playlist to a normal one and the podcasts go from being hidden and accessible only through the podcast menu on the iPod and in iTunes to being accesible in the general library. When I sync back with iTunes the Podcast playlist is recreated and the podcasts are retransfered, creating multiple copies of the files on the ipod.

While I manage my library by hand I like having podcasts managed by itunes, so having this fixed would be great.

Comment

• djmook
      • Jul 2005

Transfering files from the ipod using file renaming based on tags. The files are not renamed properly when using m4p's (itunes purchased music).

When choosing
      [artist]\[album]\[track number xx] [artist] - [track]

files get named to
      00 - XXXX.m4p

with no folder creation, 00 does not increment and XXXX is the existing 4 letter filename. Similar problems happen when choosing other naming conventions.

Comment

• djmook
        • Jul 2005

Seems to have problems if more than one ipod is connected at a time.

I'd love to have support for transfering from one ipod to another.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

m4p files cannot be transfered back (they are encrypted and dbpoweramp cannot write those tags).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MrVideo
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2004

Well, I went out and obtained the 5GB Creative Labs Zen Micro. While I would have preferred a MP4 player, Jobs doesn't appear to believe in FM radio. So, none of the iPods have FM tuners :(

So, I got a MP3 player.

Does Sveta support this unit?

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Originally posted by MrVideo
              Well, I went out and obtained the 5GB Creative Labs Zen Micro. While I would have preferred a MP4 player, Jobs doesn't appear to believe in FM radio. So, none of the iPods have FM tuners :(

So, I got a MP3 player.

Does Sveta support this unit?
              Yes: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ight=zen+micro
              Use the same driver as the Creative Jukebox.

Comment

• djmook
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
                m4p files cannot be transfered back (they are encrypted and dbpoweramp cannot write those tags).
                Actually the files can be transfered without problems, I've transfered the files and played them on other pc's and ipods without problems (those machines being authorized to the same account that purchased the m4p's. Also Sveta is able to read the tags on the m4p's so shouldn't it be possible to rename the file after it has been transfered?

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Sveta can only deal with m4p files as-is. It can't write the tags or, I assume, rename the files. To do either of these steps, it probably needs to be able to decrypt the file, and it cannot decrypt m4p files.

Edit: also, if you want to move your m4p files around, you could use JHymn to strip the protection and just have normal m4a/mp4 files. See the "DRM and Copy Protection" of the forum for more information.
                  Last edited by LtData; July 18, 2005, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• djmook
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by LtData
                    Sveta can only deal with m4p files as-is. It can't write the tags or, I assume, rename the files. To do either of these steps, it probably needs to be able to decrypt the file, and it cannot decrypt m4p files.

Edit: also, if you want to move your m4p files around, you could use JHymn to strip the protection and just have normal m4a/mp4 files. See the "DRM and Copy Protection" of the forum for more information.
                    I'm not looking for Sveta to change the tags. I know that it can read the tags because the song info shows up when browsing with Sveta. It can copy the files from the ipod without problems (the copied files play fine on authorized computers) and can even rename the files. It just isn't renaming them properly. The part of Sveta that does the renaming is not reading the tag data but the browser is.

I already know how to get the DRM out, I just didn't want to go through the hassle.

Comment

• djmook
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by djmook
                      The new version of Itunes creates a special playlist called Podcasts.

Sveta is converting this special playlist to a normal one and the podcasts go from being hidden and accessible only through the podcast menu on the iPod and in iTunes to being accesible in the general library. When I sync back with iTunes the Podcast playlist is recreated and the podcasts are retransfered, creating multiple copies of the files on the ipod.

While I manage my library by hand I like having podcasts managed by itunes, so having this fixed would be great.
                      Any word on the special podcast playlist issue? Anyone who has updated to the ipod update of 6-26-05 and itunes 4.9 will have this problem.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

The thing is Apple release 0 documents about the iPod (it is not a developer friendly company, they say everyone should be iTunes or nothing!).

It will take many months before the community can reverse engineer these new changes.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• djmook
                          • Jul 2005

In the mean time I removed the podcast playlist and am manually transfering podcasts to the ipod. This stops the problem of multiple files being transfered.

Comment

• wpowell
                            • Aug 2005

Dupe post, deleted. Your problem will be looked at here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8478
                            Last edited by LtData; August 04, 2005, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Flynike
                              • Feb 2005

Used sveta beta successfully with ipod mini (after a Bantam 1000) for a while. Free version expired. Recently, purchased the registered version of all, and reinstalled all. When I go to add device, after reloading ipod driver (beta), I see ipod already, and when I try to click the final "add device" it tells me there is already a device with that name. However some time back I had deleted the several ipod icons I had been using previously, as they ceased to work once the original trial period expired.

I went through, uninstalled everything, and reinstalled everything. Same problem, I go to "add device" and eventually get a message that there is already an ipod device in use. But I have no icon to click to get it to go.

Ipod is showing up in windows explorer as drive K, just fine.

Thanks in advance for your help on this. I like the program, and am eager to begin using it again.

Comment

• LtData
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • May 2004

Try uninstalling your Sveta drivers, deleting the <install directory>/dBpowerAMP/Sveta/Devices folder, and then rebooting. Next, install the latest Sveta beta linked to below and the new iPod drivers. Try to add your device then.

Note that the latest Sveta beta will reset you back to a trial, but a new registered install will be available within 30 days, as Spoon mentioned in the Sveta beta post.

Comment

Working...

]]>