title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Monkeys Audio Release 7 Beta 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Re: Monkeys Audio Release 7 Beta 2

Originally posted by Spoon
    Now fixed for Windows 98/me/95 - same link as above (clear your internet cache first).
    Downloaded your fix. 3.99 now works in my ME! Thanks very much. No problems with install or anything. Performs as 3.97 did.
    Mike

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Updated (install from first message), this update alters tagging slightly for the latest dMC R11.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Updated (install from first message), this update alters tagging slightly for the latest dMC R11.
        This version (when used with dMC 10.1) locks out ALL other user activity under WinXP Pro SP1. You can't even get Task Manager to come up with a CRL-ALT-DEL. Once it finishes, WinXP is back to normal.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Do you have the Power Pack? that allows encoding priority to be set, it could be on high.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Do you have the Power Pack? that allows encoding priority to be set, it could be on high.
            No Power Pack.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Going from CD to Monkeys? try creating a wave file and convert that to Monkey, does it do the same?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Now released.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• R.A.F.
                  • Jan 2005

Version 3.99f of Monkey´s Audio is DEFINITELY buggy (or at least not compatible with older version 3.96 beta 6 (from frank Klemm) and 3.97 ! - Yesterday I wanted to transcode APE-files ripped by DMC Poweramp Release 11 - all worked fine. Also verifying the ape-files did not show any errors. Today I wanted to transcode them to LAME-MP3 (lame v.3.90.3) by using the MAC 3.97.exe as a inbetween-step - then I got the same error as the writer above: A total memory-overflow (always to 99 %), and even couldn´t cancel the encoding-run with the taskmanager anymore !
                  Spoon, can you provide the your old macdll.exe with v3.97 included and upload it to your webpage, and write down the link here? - I´ll replace then the actual "Monkeys Audio.dll" with the old one. - If all is working fine then, it´s the proof that something´s wrong with that new 3.99f.
                  P.S.: I also noticed the same error a few months ago not using dmc poweramp, but another frontend. So it´s highly likely that the bug lays in the 3.99f.

Comment

• R.A.F.
                    • Jan 2005

I just made a quick transcoding-test with foobar2000 (v0.7.7)....

Using the mac-exe v3.96 beta 6 (from Frank Klemm; 100 % compatible with original V3.97)
                    tried to do the following:

A)
                    song1 (high-compression) (encoded with 3.97) -> decompressed to wav -> song1 (normal-compression) -> everything is fine.

B)
                    song1 (high compression (encoded with 3.99) -> decompressed to wav ->
                    song1 (normal compression) -> just hearing a summing sound in the transcoded ape !!!
                    foobar reports "ERROR (foo_ape): undefined" already at the decompression process !

Conclusion: files generated with mac3.99f can´t be decoded with mac3.97 anymore ! - There´s an incompatibility.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

>files generated with mac3.99f can´t be decoded with mac3.97 anymore ! - There´s an incompatibility

Yes, version updates in many encoders cannot be decoded with older decoders - it is best to update your decoders to latest version.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• R.A.F.
                        • Jan 2005

Okay, thanks for the info. - If I was thinking about it afterwards, it also appeared to me logical (only backward-compatibility is given, but mostly not vice versa).

Comment

Working...

]]>