title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MMC Crashes on too long filename

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • msilverfox
    • Oct 2003

MMC Crashes on too long filename

This may not be beta-specific (it probably isn't) but it's the version I'm running so I'd thought I'd bring it up here.

When I'm trying to move certain files using 'Arrange Files' (or by the automatic movement on add feature) the MMC crashes or gives a 'cannot move, there may not be any space on the drive' (there's 8.1 gigs left).

I think it has to do with file length; the full length of the new file name would be

E:\Ossip Gabrilowitsch (Tracks 1-13), Olga Samarov (Tracks 14-19) on the piano\[Masters Of The Roll, Vol. 27; Piano Music Of Lschetitzky, Sapellnikov, Tchaikovsky, Schubert, Faure 18] Piano Sonata No.3 In B Minor Op.58; 4th Movement-Presto Ma Non Tanto - Chopin.mp3

on the 'no space' error, and slightly (a couple characters) longer on the crashing error.

Both seem to be longer than the max filename length (i.e. I can't give it that filename manually). So I understand it not getting done, just hopefully the error message can be more clear (and it not crashing).
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: MMC Crashes on too long filename

Noted
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>