title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mp4 Codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Mp4 Codec

Apologies if I am being a little dumb on this - but this is all fairly new to me. Have downloaded the Mp4 beta codec as I thought this would help me convert m4a files to mp3 - thought i'd set it up correctly but no joy.

Any ideas & keep up the excellent work,
    Kipper
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It should do, in what way does it not work? you can right click on the m4a file and 'Convert To'?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi Spoon - thx for replying and sorry to be a pain.

When I select 'Music Files To Convert'- no option for .mp4 extension. Also checked in configuration entry and for 'installed compression codec (write)' .mp4 is there but not for read which is probably why can't read these files.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing a couple of times but same end result.

Also right click DOES give me 'convert to' on mp3's but NOT for m4a's - so seems not to recognise this extension at all. I am still in dark age using Windows95 but this shouldn't matter should it ?

Thanks
      Kipper

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try reinstalling the mp4 codec again to the same location that dMC is installed.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Dawak

If I click right on the m4a file there is no "CONVERT TO". What can I do?

Comment

• Unregistered

Hi,
            I've got the same problem on a win2k system
            When I right-click on an .mp4-file there is no "convert to" in the context menu.

Comment

• Unregistered

Did you try this?
              Your file associations have changed, this is not a problem run dMC Configuration found in Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> Configuration >> dBpoweramp Configuration click Ok, and Convert To will be put back.

Maybe it solves your problem.

Comment

Working...

]]>