title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset uPNP & DLNA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kalda01
    • Jan 2009

Re: Asset uPNP & DLNA

I have enabled the option to force WAV convertion, however the player right away gives message " unable to load file "
    could I be missing something else ?

Comment

• dvdr
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2008

download and install this codec from codec central on this website

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Asset UPnP updated to 0.97

Much faster when browsing 20,000 albums (x20 faster)
        Changed default browse tree to exclude track listings for Genre\ Styles\

Added Original rendered format in the list of <res items
        Changfed ServiceIDs for UPnP compliance

Updates systemID when changes occur in database (as required by say PS3)

{_no_list_} can be added to containers (such as Artist{_no_list_}) to stop a list of artists returning, allowing the selection of [A to Z]

Duplicates (such as 'Artist Name' and 'Artist NAME' no longer appear as 2 seperate)

Fixed Folder items (such as '[A to Z]' are now shown as ' [A to Z]' so that they remain first if the host program sorts the list

bug fix: asset not listing correctly for (unknown genre)
        bug fix: was adding tracks to the library when part written (even though later would update again)
        bug fix: uuid added to SID: header

Added (in \uMediaLibrary folder) AssetUPnPForceToWave.txt and AssetUPnPForceToLPCM, add an extension in one of these (for example the Sonos cannot play .mpc) so add .mpc to AssetUPnPForceToWave.txt and now it can...Type one extension per line.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mike Harris
          • Jan 2009

Re: Asset uPNP &amp; DLNA

Spoon

Great work. Going to have another late night now, was planning to be up early for work as well :D

Mike

Comment

• dvdr
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Sep 2008

First feedback on 0.97

First feedack on this one: great, another step forward!

- Now works with Songbook (even without "Force to wav" in my Linn-Setup...)
            - "unknown artist"-bug (mistakingly displaying ALL titles) resolved
            - faster browsing
            - When playing file-formats not natively supported in LINN DS (using the new file extension config-file, which is a great addition!!!!) unfortunately jumping to a playback location within a song with LinnGUI is possible BUT results in white noise
            - Tracks from Multiple-disc albums not displayed in the right order (display is track1 Disc1, track1 Disc 2, track 1 Disc 3, track 2 Disc1, track 2 Disc 2....)
            - Got a problem with [A-Z] sorting of composers: When trying to do that, then I do get a choice of letters, but browsing inside of "C" for example, I do get a few (not all! about 2 - 4) entries for A and B, complete C and a few for the remaining letters. Maybe my fault, don't know... Maybe, you could post proper configuration, I just copied it from other config-entries and adjusted to reflect composer

Thanks for the update and for listening to suggestions&reports!

Comment

• iam
              • Jan 2009

Wow Spoon. This is wonderful. I own a Sonos system with a lot more than 65k tracks and this could be the solution for that. I would be willing to even pay money for this software!

I hope you can look into the album art not displaying on Sonos and the possibility to add an album or more tracks to the playlist.

Looking very much forward to updates.

cheers

iam

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

The issue seems to be on Sonos' side (we have offered to emulate however Rhapsody does it, if we can find out how), if the users were to put in requests to Sonos it might get pushed up their priority list...
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• iam
                  • Jan 2009

Damn. Although I love Sonos a lot, I wish the people at Sonos would recognize the importance to be at the forefront of audiotechnology at all times. A product like Asset uPNP is amazing and adds better functionality than Sonos' own music scrolling. I wish you will get it working. I'll be your first customer!

Comment

• Mike Harris
                    • Jan 2009

Iam

I am with you on this (no pun intended). There are a couple of threads on the Sonos forums pushing this thread (under Digital Music & General General Discussions forums)

and

Try posting to some of these (or create a new one) as we try and get more users into the idea of expanding their view on the Music collection. S
                    poon has done a great job so far, but I think he is at the point where the various hardware platforms diverge and each works in a slightly different way.

Mike

Comment

• iam
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mike Harris

Try posting to some of these

Mike
                      Your posting on the Sonos forums made me discover Asset, so thanks for that. I have just uploaded my wishes to the Asset thread on Sonos forums. I keep wondering whether there are really so little people with big libraries and a Sonos system!

Comment

• JFP
                        • Jan 2009

Re: Asset uPNP

Hello Spoon

I'm a heavy user of DbPowerAmp CD ripper & converter,
                        as I have already ripped tens of thousands files of my cd collection to flac.
                        This software is great and to my opinion, way above the competition.
                        Using a Sonos system, I reached the 65k limit very soon.
                        So Asset UPnP was exactly what I was looking for,
                        I tried it today (V 0.97) and it works "right out of the box"
                        My system : Quad core Vista 32bit Ultimate SP1

I will even try to convert Asset-uPNP.exe to a service.

I have a question though : being used to the Sonos music collection fields,
                        I would like to see a "folder" field in the Asset UPnP menu.
                        That's because I've sorted my music files by period (Renaissance,Baroque,20e Century,etc..)
                        How can I manage to do it ?

I can confirm : album art is not visible in Sonos except a small image in the album menu.
                        I've posted a request on the Sonos forum following you're advice.

Thanks for your work on this UPnP server.
                        I'd gladly buy it if it was shareware.

JFP, Brussels, Belgium

Comment

• dvdr
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Sep 2008

@jfp

I have a suggestion for you: Asset uPNP and dBpoweramp support the "Style" tag. So I suggest you do the following: browse into your "Renaissance"-folder, highlight all flac-files, right-click, choose the dBpoweramp-option "Edit ID Tag", and edit the Style-field (or create it, if no style-tag is yet present by adding it with the + sign on the bottom), enter the value Renaissance, hit ok.
                          That applies this value to all these files.
                          Browse to the Baroque-folder, apply style baroque and continue to mass-tag all your classical files that way.
                          You then will be able to browse these files in advance search!

The good thing about Asset uPNP is, that is highly user customizable. You could also create a custom tag yourself - for example "Period" - but then you would have to edit different entries in the configuration text files of Asset uPNP .

For both ways you can also decide to add a custom browsing tree by editing the AssetUPnPDefinedBrowseTree.txt file with entries like

Period
                          Period\Album
                          Period\Album\Artist
                          Period\Artist
                          Period\Artist\Album
                          Period\Composer
                          Period\Composer\Album
                          Period\Composer\Artist
                          Period\Composer\Conductor

or

Style
                          Style\Album

and so on - whatever kind of browsing paths you want to introduce...

Whichever way you choose: Asset uPNP will let you do that - that's why I personally am so thrilled by this development ... :smile2:
                          Last edited by dvdr; 01-30-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• JFP
                            • Jan 2009

@dvdr

Thanks for your thorough explanations,
                            I've tried this and it's fine although I would have to add a new tag
                            to my 49000 classical files.
                            I'll resort to this method if there's no other way.

But I was wondering if, in addition to the Media Library db,
                            Asst UPnP could also refer to the MediaFoldersWatch file
                            just like Sonos does with the "music shares" folders
                            to display indexed data in the "folders" field.

Also, I would be glad to see an upcoming version
                            of Asset UPnP with some kind of GUI.

JF

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

A GUI will land in the next 2 weeks, with ReplayGain for decoded streams. Also service optional installs for normal Windows will be offered (currently WHS is the service).

Also Asset with default some trees for the new GD3 Symphony which allows extended Classical browsing (style of classical, instruments, orchestra, soloists, etc), note a compatible ripper is required to populate these advacned tags (which CD Ripper R13.2 will be)...

Folder browsing is not scheduled until R2.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TomP
                                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
                                A GUI will land in the next 2 weeks, with ReplayGain for decoded streams. Also service optional installs for normal Windows will be offered (currently WHS is the service).

Also Asset with default some trees for the new GD3 Symphony which allows extended Classical browsing (style of classical, instruments, orchestra, soloists, etc), note a compatible ripper is required to populate these advacned tags (which CD Ripper R13.2 will be)...

Folder browsing is not scheduled until R2.
                                Hi Spoon,
                                Will the GUI and Asset work with Slim duet and / or Sonos ZP90? and what kind of control is possible (eg. iPAQ 214 WM6 or PC desktop without remote)

Also, how far off do yuo think R2 will be?

Thanks...TomP

Comment

Working...

]]>